Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noticing something strange with Triton Rack and Extreme ....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Batsinthebelltower

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Noticing something strange with Triton Rack and Extreme .... Reply with quote

Hey guys

So i first bought a triton rack module to use with my roland ax7 keytar

after a while , i was offered a mint condition triton extreme with case for £500 , an offer too good to turn down im sure youll agree !

So i went ahead and bought the extreme

Initially i was blew away with having the tube , sequencer , and much higher quality keys than on my keytar (i am a guitarist of 14years and both were my first venture into keys)

So ive been rocking away on the extreme , making really nice lead patches and having fun ....

For a change i decided to put it away and hook up the keytar and triton rack and this is where things got strange ... Patches that are on BOTH synths by default, that i have not edited , sound totally different ;

Take for example, PROG > Lead Synth > BrightPulse Lead ...... it sounds entirely different on each unit ... the only way i can describe it, is the triton sounds more "clean" or hifi , wheras the rack has a real 80s videogame sound to it ....

i then noticed that the vibrato bar on the keytar is a lot more comfortable than pushing the joystick up , on the extreme... however the joystick is superior for pitchbends, compared to the keytars ribbon ... but im getting off topic

Surely if theyre teh same synth , they should sound identicle ? I also noticed that there are a lot of patches on the COMBI section of teh rack , that arent on the extreme ..... i was initially going to sell the rack to recoup my money spent on the extreme , but it now seems i have two completely different sounding synths !? What gives !?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know for sure, but it might be that the sample sets are different, or the program/combis are programmed differently.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: