Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deep Editing one patch, whilst playing back another?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bms9nmh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Deep Editing one patch, whilst playing back another? Reply with quote

Hi
I use my Microstation hooked up to my PC and trigger the sounds off the Microstation via a MIDI track in Cubase. I would like to simultaneously playback one patch, whilst editing another (on a separate MIDI track) via the MS editor.
I realise multiple patches can be set up to play on different channels in SEQ mode, but this mode does not allow me to deep edit the patches as far as I'm aware?
Is there anyway to playback more than one patch in PROG mode (i.e. different patches on different channels?
Any help greatly appreciated!
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, Program Mode only operates on one MIDI channel and just a single sound. Likewise, I found it somewhat of a workflow killer since you have to stop what you're doing and keep juggling between modes and patches in order to edit a sound within the context of a song. It’s not just a flaw with the microSTATION, apparently the M50 operates this way as well.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
bms9nmh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply re-member, was starting to think that may be the case. So do you personally use SEQ mode for playing multiple tracks from the Korg in your DAW, or do you use COMBI mode (if thats possible, haven't really learnt much about combi mode yet)!?
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always use SEQ mode. With SEQ mode, I can slave the microSTATION's tempo to my DAW (or vice versa) and record the notes into the sequencer to play back live later without needing a computer.

COMBI and SEQ mode are essentially the same thing. The major difference is that SEQ mode obviously has sequencer playback, but can only be saved to a memory card.

You can use a DAW to play back a COMBI, it's just a matter of finding out what MIDI channels each sound is to, but again, no sequencer to record to. COMBI's can be transfered over to SEQ mode, which is in the manual somewhere.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: