Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 88 and RH3 keyboard faulty
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KorgKeymaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
KorgKeymaster wrote:
I wonder if Korg is taking this opportunity to develop the RH4 action? To be installed on all current Kronos owners' k-88 and k-73 workstations. That would be interesting...fortunately I still have about 8 days left before I can return mine.

Anyway just thinking aloud... Crying or Very sad

No brainer...Even if they get a fix in 8 days, yours will be beyond the return period sitting in a service shop somewhere wouldn't it? Buy a new one when they correct the problem.

I believe I would rather one that was factory new in box vs. one that was repaired.

Sparkie, I definitely agree!!!
Korg m3-73
Akai MPC-4000
NI-Komplete 7
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the quality of some of the new ones so far, this makes no sense.
When they're repaired, all it means a qualified technician opened the thing, installed a new board, and checked it for errors. If anything, it seems like one extra quality check.
Rocness

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
A Dutch store contacted me to say that Korg/Voerman (local importer) would replace keybeds that couldn't be fixed. And that this was the official Korg answer to the problems. The only thing they couldn't promise yet was when the new keybeds would be in. The Kronos is still in short supply here.

Still, I find this response heartening and it takes away any fear I might have had regarding getting the Kronos.
Are you listening to your self . That responds from the store sounds ridiculous . Are you see what going on hear ? With so many Kronos boards coming in to be repaired , I wouldn't be surprised if your waiting for your board for 6 or more mounts to get fixed . Protect yourself and your money please .You owe it to yourself to at least wait for Namm 2012 where korg will be force to address this publicly .
KorgKeymaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Clarity Reply with quote

If this is indeed an official statement from Korg, then I surely hope them replacing the keybed doesn't mean replacing it with one from the current defective stock they are currently using. In addition I hope they would also be more thorough in detail with what exactly they are replacing it with...ie. the same RH3? A newer modified version perhaps?? Question
Korg m3-73
Akai MPC-4000
NI-Komplete 7
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I see no benefit or purpose keeping a defective keyboard that can be returned for a full refund..Do you?

I am sure their are some great technicians and service centers ..however some of the service techies I have seen, I would let them pump gas in my car.
KorgKeymaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
Personally, I see no benefit or purpose keeping a defective keyboard that can be returned for a full refund..Do you?

I am sure their are some great technicians and service centers ..however some of the service techies I have seen, I would let them pump gas in my car.

I'm definitely not keeping this particular Kronos-88
Korg m3-73
Akai MPC-4000
NI-Komplete 7
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocness wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:
A Dutch store contacted me to say that Korg/Voerman (local importer) would replace keybeds that couldn't be fixed. And that this was the official Korg answer to the problems. The only thing they couldn't promise yet was when the new keybeds would be in. The Kronos is still in short supply here.

Still, I find this response heartening and it takes away any fear I might have had regarding getting the Kronos.
Are you listening to your self . That responds from the store sounds ridiculous . Are you see what going on hear ? With so many Kronos boards coming in to be repaired , I wouldn't be surprised if your waiting for your board for 6 or more mounts to get fixed . Protect yourself and your money please .You owe it to yourself to at least wait for Namm 2012 where korg will be force to address this publicly .

I am listening to myself. I wish they'd made a keyboard that didn't need to be fixed, but I think the response is appropriate and it makes me feel a lot better than when they weren't acknowledging the issue.
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Rocness wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:

I am listening to myself. I wish they'd made a keyboard that didn't need to be fixed, but I think the response is appropriate and it makes me feel a lot better than when they weren't acknowledging the issue.

You are ~very~ nieve and gullible!! .. Some "he said, she said" response from some Dutch store isnt an official Korg statement? The last official comment was from Rich over a month ago..
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to take my word for it. Things are probably different in the US, but Holland is quite small. I know people at both the shop and the importer personally. If they say to me they're going to replace the boards they can't fix, that's good enough for me. The only reason I hesitate to claim this isn't an official statement from Korg is exactly because Rich or Dan haven't commented on it, so I don't know how it translates to an international policy.

EDITED for politeness.

Last edited by SanderXpander on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:
Rocness wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:

You are ~very~ nieve and gullible!! .. Some "he said, she said" response from some Dutch store isnt an official Korg statement? The last official comment was from Rich over a month ago..

Sparkie, those comments are totally uncalled for. Please think about what you are typing before you hit the submit button.

I would also like to remind everyone that personal attacks are completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated on this forum.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'll edit my post.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooch wrote:
I have a K73 that has the bad key bed.
No real playability unless you just slam it hard and hold it down.
No after touch unless you press really hard.

John

John,

You should either contact Korg or send the keyboard back to Sweetwater.

There is no "bad keybed problem" which has the symptoms you describe -- i.e. having to slam it hard, no aftertouch.

The problem being described in this thread is very specific -- a double strike problem. Your problem sounds entirely different.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
d3k

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think the issue is that the damper kicks in too quick. Depending on your finger, how hard/soft or fast/slow you're playing, mfg tolerances in key weight, and mfg tolerances in key rebound, the amount of bounce in the key plus where the damper kicks in causes it. Every time I get the cutoff or double strike I feel the key bounce. If the damper (or end of note detection) kicked in after the key is released more (ie key has gone up more, just another 1mm), I don't think this happens. If I'm not mistaken, the damper is an electronic sensor so I am holding out hope for a software fix.
pannonica

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello I,m spanish (Madrid), sorry for my bad english.

My Kronos 88 nº 002271 has the cut off problem. In the Store I try also nº 0022069 and It has the same problem. I give back the Keyboard and I recover my money.

Very bad for Korg.

Regards.

Twisted Evil
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the replacement of the keyboard worries me a little bit at the moment. Although i think it's a good solution, i'm still not convinced that that will solve the problem until korg officially states that they know what causes the problem.

Main reason for my worries is their own figure of a failure percentage of 1 percent. If that's really the actual figure they believe then how can i trust that the new keyboards doesn't have the cutoff issue that i could reproduce on 5 different rh3 keyboards without any effort at all.
I would be quite disappointed if my kronos would go for weeks / months for repair and then returned with the same problem.

I know, it's a trust issue, but when every keyboard i've tried has the same symptoms then it's hard to believe that a new keyboard will solve the problem without a statement from Korg that they identified the problem and know how to solve it.

I'm really interested in your own experience SanderXpander when your board is repaired and if that really solved the issue.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 80 of 110

Jump to: