Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

External touchscreen monitor for Kronos ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitop

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: External touchscreen monitor for Kronos ?? Reply with quote

Hello forum and season's greeting:

I wonder if any of you is aware of an external touchscreen display that can be used with Kronos? Brand and model please. Thanks.
Rocness

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prob

Korg Oasys !

your welcome .
peace
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping for the same thing when I had mine... but answer is No external monitors can be hooked up.. its a dedicated touchscreen.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the editor will be released, you can use a bigger screen (and probably touch screen too if supported by the OS).

However, it does not help when gigging.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would have been something that would have been nice, the ability to hook it up to your large monitor.

Bearing in mind the MB has built in Graphics, I imagine this would have been fairly easy to do too, but would of course have added to the development costs.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ojustaboo wrote:
That would have been something that would have been nice, the ability to hook it up to your large monitor.

Bearing in mind the MB has built in Graphics, I imagine this would have been fairly easy to do too, but would of course have added to the development costs.

It would be fairly easy to support only one specific monitor, however to support any monitor every driver needs to be checked and this is very costly.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A solution would be for example iPad (or a android equivalent) with for example http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/air-display/id368158927?mt=8 which allows to use the iPad as a secondary display with touchfunctionality for Win/Mac. Then when the Kronos editor arrives you just drag the window over to your tablet and voila

Rocness

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is strange because the Oasys has a VGA out on the back to connect to a bigger screen .
Cpilot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you look at the motherboard inside the Kronos you will see that it is a complete system with all the ports still intact. So connection wouldn't be a problem - just extend the ports to the rear panel. But it would increase the load on the software and I suppose that they wanted it to be a keyboard and not a computer with keys.

Bryan
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cpilot wrote:
And if you look at the motherboard inside the Kronos you will see that it is a complete system with all the ports still intact. So connection wouldn't be a problem - just extend the ports to the rear panel. But it would increase the load on the software and I suppose that they wanted it to be a keyboard and not a computer with keys.

Bryan

Another reason might be the VGA driver/support is not part of the OS. The Kronos touchscreen probably uses a non VGA connection.

digitop

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mery Xmas folks:

In youtube video below, I thought I saw Jordan rudess behind a kronos attached to an external screen (watch after 41st. minute of the video), or was it for his notes? . I read the OS 1.5 now allows automatic integration of korg nano series via USB for Kronos 73 and 88 (not for 61?). I hope use of external monitor be in mind when working on future OS's! Older guys like me will definitely appreciate it Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHV3rnkGt3E
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

digitop wrote:
Mery Xmas folks:

In youtube video below, I thought I saw Jordan rudess behind a kronos attached to an external screen (watch after 41st. minute of the video), or was it for his notes? . I read the OS 1.5 now allows automatic integration of korg nano series via USB for Kronos 73 and 88 (not for 61?). I hope use of external monitor be in mind when working on future OS's! Older guys like me will definitely appreciate it Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHV3rnkGt3E
If you are meaning the screen in front of the Kronos then it's his Music Pad Pro which he uses to show notations Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: