Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 88 and RH3 keyboard faulty
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tmatos75

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Wow! thanks for the heads-up on the RH3 problem. Reply with quote

tmatos75 wrote:
I want to buy a Kronos 88, so yesterday, I went to Guitar Center today to play with one and see how hard it is to transport (weight) to a gig.
I currently a Yamaha MO8, and when I bought it, the only reason I chose it over the Yamaha Motif XS-8 is because the XS-8 was too heavy and cumbersome to carry to live gigs.

Anyway, I found it weird that Guitar Center had no K88's on display. They only had a K61 and a K73 on the showfloor. But interestingly enough, only the K61 was turned on for testing. The K73 was not plugged in, and the powercable was removed.

I asked the sales guy about the K88 because I wanted to physically pick it up and feel it.
He brought one out from the back, we unpacked it. I liked the weight and feel of it, and the sales guy asked if I wanted to buy it. I was tempted, but something didnt quite feel right about his reason for not having the K88 on display. He said his manager didnt want have all three out on display because they are so expensive!

Bull! The guy was trying to sell me a keyboard he knows has a problem.

Thanks to this forum, I will wait until a confirmed fix is released. Too bad. I really want this keyboard. It blows away the MO8.

UPDATE: I took the plunge and bought a Kronos 88 at Guitar Center 2 days ago. So Far, I have not been able to duplicate the keyboard problem. I will keep my fingers crossed.

By the way, the Kronos did not dissappoint. So far, I am blown away by both the sound and the features. I will be selling my Yamaha MO8 as soon as I map all of the patches over to my K88.
KorgKeymaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really glad to hear that and I hope that your keyboard maintains it's perfect working condition. Would you so kindly share your serial number minus the last two digits so we can get a general idea of when it was produced?
Korg m3-73
Akai MPC-4000
NI-Komplete 7
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim wrote:
Putting pressure on Korg is important. If no one did it, the company wouldn't feel the urge to fix things.

This is where your newb-ness shows. Korg isn't like a lot of other companies. Continually crying about minor issues doesn't help the programming team program any faster or more efficiently. It just pisses off the people who are trying to help. They have addressed the problem. They are working on it. And whether anyone says anything about it again or not, they will continually work to resolve it. Give them a chance.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Kim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale: and this is where you should familiarize yourself with the problem by playing a defect keyboard. This is not a minor issue! I would never gig with this keyboard in the condition it is now.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim wrote:
McHale: and this is where you should familiarize yourself with the problem by playing a defect keyboard. This is not a minor issue! I would never gig with this keyboard in the condition it is now.

i agree, this is definitly not a minor issue. It completely ruins the experience when playing a defective keyboard.

I don't understand why people are trying to defend korg on this matter. There is no other possibility for us that have defective keyboards to let others know what we think of the quality then to post on forums (also on other forums this is quite a hot topic).

Now i know that some here will say, contact the distributor. Well i've tried that and others to, and you simply get no reaction. So what else can we do than discuss this matter online?

I can understand that if you have a k66 or a working k73/88 that you are annoyed by this i guess most popular thread on this forum (considering the amount of posts and reads). But i agree with Joe on this part, the only thing we can do is to post our experiences with the Kronos and let other people know what they can expect if they get their hands on a faulty unit.

What i'm wondering about, Korg did make an announcement in this thread that mid december there would be some kind of solution about this problem. It's 7 days after mid december and there's not a word about the delay of this really big problem. At least it would be nice if korg made an announcement on this forum or even better on their own website about the status of the solution.

I think that communication is the key issue here. We are waiting months now to get this problem fixed. And still we have no clue what the current status is.

And believe me, i hate to discuss this problems on a forum, i would rather talk about the incredible features and sounds the Kronos brings. But the problems with the RH3 are very big for those that have faulty RH3 keyboards.

And yes i've did what is suggested by a couple of persons here:
- store wouldn't accept it for repair because at that time it couldn't be resolved (and still can't be repaired)
- distributor doesn't react on calls.

So what else can we do?
For me it's simply unacceptable that i paid more than 5100 dollars for a keyboard that i can't play as any other keyboard that i have and that can not be repaired until further notice.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim wrote:

I realize that people are making it out to be the end of the world, but in the grand scheme of things, it is a minor issue at this time. The Kronos powers up, all voices play, and by changing your technique, there is a workaround, and it's only been reported by about 1% of all owners.

I know people that when they get a tiny scratch on their car, they feel it is quite a major deal. They are wrong too.

Again, they're working on it. Let them work...
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).

Last edited by McHale on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
tmatos75

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KorgKeymaster wrote:
I'm really glad to hear that and I hope that your keyboard maintains it's perfect working condition. Would you so kindly share your serial number minus the last two digits so we can get a general idea of when it was produced?

Sure! 1174
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Mchale...go back to bed and let us be. Take your perfect Kronos to bed with you and make love to her night and day...hava nagila hava, nagila hava, nagila hava not, Hey!

Vas Arrow
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
Kim wrote:

I realize that people are making it out to be the end of the world, but in the grand scheme of things, it is a minor issue at this time. The Kronos powers up, all voices play, and by changing your technique, there is a workaround, and it's only been reported by about 1% of all owners.

I know people that when they get a tiny scratch on their car, they feel it is quite a major deal. They are wrong too.

Sorry, to put it politely, I don't agree with you at all.

A scratch on a car is a minor issue, it doesn't affect your driving.

Ask say Pianomanchuck whether his THREE kronos's all with the cutoff problem is a minor issue like a scratch, one that he can ignore for now, ask someone who plays live whether such an issue is minor.

And where are you getting this 1% figure from? Bearing in mind Korg commented weeks ago (21st Nov) and many many many more people have reported the problem since then, many forums have warned people against buying the Kronos since then, numerous people on this thread have tried various Kronos and found the problem on every single one.

It seems that there's about 5 or 6 people with perfect kronos's in this thread telling all the people that have seen problems they're in the minority.

Even in the last page, 2 people brought one, one had the problem, one hasn't yet. On another forum, someone didn't have the problem for 5 months then it appeared.

I simply cant understand people defending the indefensible, and the lack of communication, the lack of Korg giving info to it's authorised service centres etc, is simply inexcusable.

I can assure you that while numerous people might be annoyed at their Kronos problem, if Korg had kept them up to date and given some sort of appearance that they actually care, people would not be complaining any where near as much.

I don't care that the problem occurred, stuff happens, how a company reacts when it does is what matters and you are defending Korg when they have acted appallingly.

If it's a software bug it could take ages to find. But if that's the case, then they've ruled out hardware, just a simple news release that the hardware's fine and they're working as hard as they can on a software fix for example would put a lot of peoples minds at rest (although from what I've seen it looks like it is hardware).

Silence is just very very very bad business practice and I have dealt with many companies a lot smaller than Korg over the years, that would never ever treat their customers in this sort of way. In an earlier thread when someone said the silence from Korg was deafening, you responded with

Quote:
That's just how Korg does things. They won't comment before they are ready to comment. I've reported significant bugs in CURRENT gear OS' that I know they know about but they won't acknowledged it nor will they fix it because not enough people complained about it to affect sales. Sad fact.

Your own quote says that Korg doesn't care about customers problems as long as it doesnt' affect sales, yet you defend them, I simply don't understand.

Saying Korg isn't like a lot of other companies doesn't make sense. What's so special about them that they can treat their customers in this way?

Saying let them work would be fair enough if it was something like a servers crashing and the IT team trying to fix the problem asap, nothing worse than phone call after phone call asking when the servers will be back up etc. Weeks of silence on a problem stopping some people from playing, that's been going on for a good 3 months is not the same thing at all.

They have some sort of marketing department, you can bet they'll have the resources to put on huge shows at the music events next year, but they haven't got the resources to give people a quick update?
Ten2One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The use of hyperbole is uncalled for. I don't think anyone is acting like its the "end of the world" but there are several who are frustrated to have purchased such a wonderful sounding unit only to have it not perform as well as lesser units do.

I talked to the manager of GC today and he told me he would give me until jan 31 to return it for a full refund! I'm not going to alter my technique, rather, I expect Korg to resolve this in a professional way. 3 months is a long time to have a problem like this hanging around. I'm sure they will come up with a solution before NAMM but the longer they wait, the more of a foul taste it will leave and affect future sales and cast a cloud over new releases
(IMHO).

Ten2One
JFree

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This "technique" discussion is this biggest crock ever. It shouldn't matter how you play it, it should work. I've played everything from beat to hell spinets to a Steinway at Carnegie Hall (I own a B) organs, synths, and miscellaneous keyboards of all sorts and guess what....never had this problem. I'm on my second Kronos and it don't worky so good. I don't know about everyone, but my technique varies with the type of instrument I'm playing, organ, piano,synth,clav,etc.
A scratch on your car is a drag, as is a scratch on your keyboard. This is more like as if 3 out of 5 times you tried to accelerate entering the freeway your engine sputtered like it was running out of gas.
I'm hoping Korg has a fix soon, I'm figuring replace keybed with upgrade or replace the whole unit.
If you're one of the 1% that doesn't have a problem, yay you, for the rest of us, it's a drag and we await a fix so we can fully enjoy this great instrument.
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
Kim wrote:

Like a scratch on a car?? Try a "blown engine" if you are comparing to automobiles ..and a noisy transmission (fan issue).. with tiny 12" windshield to see out of!! Then sold auto-dealer new without any gasoline or oil in it after paying for it(ram board left out).

One post by Rich a month ago stating "we believe that we will have some possible solutions in mid December"... without follow up, no other comments or status report long past due? Shocked Most cant even play the keyboard in its current state.,,and I am surprised most arent really furious about it. Not what I call any kind of customer service!

The patience of those with the issue is really quite admirable and more than what I would expect after spending 4K, just waiting for any kind of comments by Korg. Too bad Korg hasnt recognized what superb customers they have...or possibly used to have.

Reminds me of getting a bad steak at a restaurant, and the waitress is nice, apologizes etc and takes it back to the cook. You are all happy and pleased but then 45 minutes later you realize she totally forgot all about you in the meantime? Of course, we arent talking about $25 steaks ..
MarPabl
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By no means this is a "minor issue". How can someone call a "minor issue" a problem with the keybed which stops you from playing correctly and can screw your performances? The dial falling off may qualify as a "minor issue", but how can we say the same about the keybed?

I hope we're all misunderstanding such (insulting IMHO) statement and that one statement really means that "minor" is refering to the (not confirmed) idea that the problem is affecting "just" a 1%

And it's important to say that even the actual day we got the 1% number there were more reported cases than the 1%... at least the double... And to this date there are indeed much more cases.

But I understand and I'm happy for those guys with perfect Kronos. Why would they have any concern about this issue if they can perfectly play their Kronos? Why would they even know the feeling of the guys with the issue if they haven't experienced it? And, the most important: what are they doing here trying to convince the guys with the issue that this is irrelevant? This clearly shows no consideration to the guys suffering this issue... This won't change the fact that nowadays it's dangerous to get a Kronos 73/88 without carefully testing it. This won't change the fact that some guys with the issue have no response and even some of them have no Kronos to play with, but also have paid big money for nothing...
Chriskk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
McHale wrote:
Kim wrote:

The greatest example of fanaticism ever recorded on the Internet.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys crack me up. I'm not trying to say the Kronos is perfect, I've pointed out that pianos do it too (with proof) and people don't want to believe it. I explain that based on Korg's number (at the last time reported) that roughly 1% are having the problem, but people don't want to believe it. I've offered suggestions on how to play the Kronos so it doesn't have the problem while we wait for Korg to officially address the issue and they complain that they shouldn't have to.

What do you want out of this thread? Just for the very very very few of you who do nothing but complain to repeat yourselves over and over and over again? Or would you like to discuss what the issues could be (to narrow down what the cause is and OH MY GOD, MAYBE OFFER SOME ASSISTANCE TO KORG IN TROUBLESHOOTING) and have a workaround while we wait?

Well, either I have a magical Kronos that has a different keybed design so mine works perfectly or I'm doing something differently so mine doesn't have the issue. If you guys don't want to try to figure out the issue and would just rather complain to people who aren't listening, be my guest. Remember, I'm merely trying to help (that's what community based forums are SUPPOSED to be for). If you constant complainers never get your keybeds working to your satisfaction, mine works perfectly so I gain nothing either way.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 76 of 110

Jump to: