Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 88 and RH3 keyboard faulty
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
sparkie wrote:

Yep working hard, Considering they have been aware of the problem for over a month shouldn't they already have some answers and solutions. A report from Korg was to be mid December for an update and they are late with that?

What if Korg is having trouble detemining why certain units have the problem and others don't? If this problem was SO EASY to solve why didn't M3-88s and SV-1s all have the same problem? Why is the problem only impacting some Kronos units?

The "mid-December" comment was an ESTIMATE. Do you understand the meaning of the word "estimate"? The accuracy of that estimate would depend on where there were in the process.

If I were Korg I would have stated something like "we hope to provide an update on this situation some time in December".

sparkie wrote:

With the data knob & note cutoff problems, 2K ram being left out for who knows why, editor late & still unfinished is not what I would call good customer service.

-- Data Knob problem -- fixed
-- Note cutoff problem -- under investigation
-- 2K RAM left out -- cost control
-- Editor late -- unfortunate

Yes the Kronos appears to have had more problems than previous Korg keyboards. However, Korg is working through them. I would much rather have the Kronos to play now than have waited until the editor was finished.

sparkie wrote:

Whoever was responsible for beta testing before being released should have recognized these problems beforehand and pre-planned for additional sound & program updates that would use more ram space.

-- You obviously don't understand the function of beta testing if you believe all problems are discovered in beta testing; they are not.
-- "pre-planned"? So you are saying all functionality should be delivered at the outset? This is completely contrary to all software development.

sparkie wrote:

I dont know where you get your facts but I suspect than definitely more than 1% have the note cutoff problem.

The 1% figure came from Korg. The percentage may be higher but I said "the majority of Kronos units don't have this problem" which is correct.

Finally Sparkie, why are you even commenting on this since? You sold your Kronos, then trashed Korg and the Kronos over at the Roland Clan forums, so you really shouldn't be concerned with the Kronos at all.

You need to stop trolling.

Data knob problem should never have happened on a high end keyboard. When it did, some people myself included had alarm bells ringing about the corners cut and the quality control.

Editor should not have been advertised/implied it was included, no excuse for this.

2k RAM left out totally understandable. Not being a simple slot to allow users to upgrade their own RAM, a stupid oversite that would have added next to nothing in build cost.

Having to put cardboard inserts into the edge of a keyboard when you move it around, totally unacceptable and shows something seriously went wrong at the design phase.

Keybed problem, can see why this might have gone unnoticed depending on what sounds were used during testing. No official comment, repair centers not knowing whats going on, no further news 3 MONTHS after it was first reported in this thread, totally unacceptable regardless of how big or small a company is. I would go even further and say such problems should be more easily to sort out with a small team of highly skilled engineers etc than in bloated companies such as Microsoft.

I suspect that you could give a Kronos with the cut off problem to any half decent engineer with mechanical etc experience and they could find out the likely cause within a week (and having worked with skilled engineers in the past for many years, I would be surprised if those guys needed a whole week to work out whats causing it).

If exactly the same version of the keybed as opposed to just the same model was used on the M3 88 etc, and there' s been no problems, then rather than complicate things, I think that's a really useful pointer for Korg to realise where the problem lies, put that together with them requiring cardboard inserts when moving the kronos, bad case design would be my first area to look at. Not saying it is the case, just giving an example.

I also think someone posted an video or post somewhere saying they had this exact cut off problem on their M3 but I could be mistaken.

At the end of the day Korg released a product that is not fit for advertised purpose and 3 months later the people suffering still have no news and this is totally unacceptable.

When this thread started, certain people stuck up for Korg and said this thread was pointless, yet this thread is the only place to my knowledge that Korg has chosen to make any comment on them being aware of the issue.

When people in this thread have had 3 different kronos for example Pianomanchuck, and others have found the problem on every kronos in every store they've been in, when you say "the majority of kronos don't have this problem" bearing in mind korg are not going to ever admit this to be the case unless a total recall is needed, where is the source of your info that most are fine? I read this and other forums and it appears the exact opposite is true.

Finally while I'm sure he can speak for himself, Sparkie has every right to comment on the awful way he and many others, myself included, feel that korg has handled this mess, do you think he brought and sold his Kronos for fun? Calling him a troll for saying what any reasonably minded person would say if they spent that much money on a product and got nowhere with getting their problems sorted says a lot about you and your attitude to anyone who dare criticize korg.

If my best lifelong friend ran a business and treated customers in the way Korg has in the past few months, if a forum like this pulled him to pieces, I would tell him it's his own fault and he needs to get his act together quickly if he doesn't want to do more long term damage. If I saw people sticking up for his appalling service and calling those that spoke the truth trolls, I would ask my friend what personal or financial interest such people have.

Joe
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ojustaboo wrote:

Joe

Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
Ojustaboo wrote:

Joe

The only one failing here is Korg.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtatty wrote:
You are wrong on that one MartinHines.

There is a video on youtube that shows a SV-1 with the same problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhmbGfaHy7U&feature=related

Also at my video on youtube, someone made a comment saying that he has the exact same problem with his M3-88. Read the comments...
http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=JRaOfxDrIgg

We don't know if there are more units with the same problem,
but we sure have one representative from each model.

No, I am not wrong.

There were THOUSANDS of M3-88s produced, and you link to a YouTube thread created ONE MONTH AGO, where one person claims to have this problem with their M3-88. What about the THOUSANDS of other M3-88s that have been on the market in use for the last four years (the M3 has been on the market since 2007)? Given the M3-88s have been produced in the thousands, if there had a problem similar to the Kronos don't you think there would have been a number of posts in the M3 forums here?

The same is true with the SV-1s. While there may be some of them that have a problem, it is not the same volume as with the Kronos.

My point, still valid, is there appears to be a problem that is primarily affecting Kronos keyboards, even though other Korg keyboards have the same RH3 action. This is why Korg may be having a tough time exactly determining the root cause of the problem.

Ojustaboo wrote:
Sparkie has every right to comment on the awful way he and many others, myself included, feel that korg has handled this mess, do you think he brought and sold his Kronos for fun? Calling him a troll for saying what any reasonably minded person would say if they spent that much money on a product and got nowhere with getting their problems sorted says a lot about you and your attitude to anyone who dare criticize korg.

I have no problem with a person who has a specific problem with a defective product making a reasonable number of posts discussing it. I DO have a problem with a person whose sole intent appears to be to promote negativity, especially since they no longer own the keyboard in question.

Put another way, this thread SHOULD BE about people who have the double-note problem with their specific keyboard, not a place for "drive-by" shooters to attack Korg who don't actually have the problem.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/

Last edited by MartinHines on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider why sparkie no longer owns the Kronos though. It failed to meet his expectations. He's far from being a "drive-by shooter"... and he's far from being alone... he is passionate though Wink
Current Korg apparatus: MicroStation, MicroKorg, MicroSampler, WaveDrum, Trinity V3, M1REX, Wavestation SR, X5DR, Original Legacy Collection w/ MS-20 controller, iMS-20, DS-10 Plus x2, ELECTRIBE Rhythm Mk ll, iELECTRIBE, Kaossilator, padKONTROL, MicroKONTROL, NanoKey, NanoKontrol, Stage Echo SE-300

Last edited by rrricky rrrecordo on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrricky rrrecordo wrote:
Consider why sparkie no longer owns the Kronos though. It failed to meet his expectations. And he's far from alone...

Sparkie had every right to sell his Kronos if it "failed to meet his expectations". However, given he no longer owns one, his continual negative posts about both Korg and the Kronos is the very definition of trolling.

Similar to you and the OASYS, Ricky!

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OASYS never measured up to my existing gear at the time, and has fallen so much farther behind since - along with Kronos.

You were the epitome of a rabid fanboy then, Martin, and so it continues
Current Korg apparatus: MicroStation, MicroKorg, MicroSampler, WaveDrum, Trinity V3, M1REX, Wavestation SR, X5DR, Original Legacy Collection w/ MS-20 controller, iMS-20, DS-10 Plus x2, ELECTRIBE Rhythm Mk ll, iELECTRIBE, Kaossilator, padKONTROL, MicroKONTROL, NanoKey, NanoKontrol, Stage Echo SE-300
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta admire your convictions though
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrricky rrrecordo wrote:
The OASYS never measured up to my existing gear at the time, and has fallen so much farther behind since - along with Kronos.

And one then wonders why you made hundreds of negative posts about the OASYS given it "never measured up". You do remember you were banned from this forum for your actions yes?

One also then must ask why you post so much in the Kronos forum, given your opinion of it.

rrricky rrrecordo wrote:

I am a fan of Korg products, and a fan of many other products also.

My overarching principle is fairness. People should be fair with their comments. People should not be critical just to be critical or satisfy some internal need they have to attack something.

sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 JOE!!! Facts are facts!!

And Martin since you have specifically said many times you "Dont even play the keyboard much", other than tinker with the sounds.. I dont understand why you are here either?? And since you own one of the working 88s, with no problems, you wouldnt be able to tell if it was a defective unit anyway..would you??

I didnt buy the Kronos just to sell it.. when I saw the knob laying in the box and all the problems being posted then I knew it was time to get rid of it. Korg has fallen way below their standards ..and build quality on this keyboard. They also threw it out in the customer market way before it was time..just to get a jump on the Jupiter 80 I suspect. If anyone is a troll its you trying to take up for Korg and the Kronos after everyone here is having so many problems.!!

You also must be on the Korg payroll indirect or direct or have stock in the company ....or possibly just a wanna be.

Since you wanna be useful you should get Korg to answer some of the questions and everyday problems people have getting answers to instead of, instead of waiting for negative comments to contradict!!
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was banned because you wanted to fight me in your garage and I accepted the "challenge"... you were going to smack me upside my head with a plank or something as I recall... but when in doubt, retain the fanboy, expel the critic. I'm back and not banned because now I'm not the lonely voice in the woods

I would have had no problem with the plank, trust me
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrricky rrrecordo wrote:

Ricky.... Martin has to work for Korg ..or has some interest thereof!! Of course he will deny it because he likes being incognito!! Nobody in their right mind would defend Korg like he does when everyone here is having problems..otherwise.

I wouldnt be surprised if he had something to do with the note cutoff problem .. or someone he knows is responsible. Otherwise he wouldnt being saying what he does.. think about it. Maybe his relative works for them or something. He says he is a fanboy.. OK and I am a JP80 fanboy also but wouldnt be if problems started appearing from build issues etc...

Last edited by sparkie on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
...even though other Korg keyboards have the same RH3 action.

Just for clarification, NO other Korg Keyboard has the exact same RH3 action. If you'll recall in a thread before the Kronos was released, Dan stated it was NOT the same as the SV-1 (which IS the same as the M3) as they modified it slightly. So, new RH3 - less previous history to work with.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and if you check my byline, I am a fan of Korg products as well
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
Nobody in their right mind would defend Korg like he does when everyone here is having problems..otherwise.

I'm not having any problems with my KRONOS and many others aren't as well. I can't personally confirm the 1%-ish number, but I will say that not a single person from Korg has ever lied to us about any fact that I'm aware of.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 71 of 110

Jump to: