Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

memory architecture and others questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quenz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: memory architecture and others questions Reply with quote

When you load a PCG, file does it overwrite all the sound patches ?
I did try the sounds from korgman, it give combi sounds but erase my user sounds in programs. when i use the preload.pcg it do the same.

Also why can't you see the name of the file when you load sng ? you only see number like: 0001.sng .

Is there a way to save effects preset ?

how is it working when programs share the same ifx bus in combi or seq?
like: Dist. Wurly--ifx1 od wah and Jazz organ--ifx1 rotary sp
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: memory architecture and others questions Reply with quote

Welcome to the wacky world of Korg workstation data management.

When you load a PCG, file does it overwrite all the sound patches ?
I did try the sounds from korgman, it give combi sounds but erase my user sounds in programs. when i use the preload.pcg it do the same.

Unfortunately, yes. Loading a PCG file will overwrite any previous sounds. Even the computer editor overwrites everything when you load files from it, rather than letting you choose where to put the data. There's no patch librarian type function. I wrote about method of writing new individual patches onto your original data, but it's tricky and requires juggling around files from the memory card. It's in this thread:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=65158&start=15

Also why can't you see the name of the file when you load sng ? you only see number like: 0001.sng .

When you attempt to save a song onto the memory card, it actually creates a batch file that consists of every song in the sequencer section, numbers 000 to 128. The file is assigned a number, but you can change the name of this in the Global settings. Also, there's no way to overwrite previous data files, anytime you save anything to the card, it always creates a new file. Knowing this, you have to remind yourself to always load only the most recent file based on the number, save your work, then delete the previous one to avoid confusion. You can actually choose to load individual songs from a batch file, but again, it will only cause confusion when you choose to save it later since it creates a new batch that's different from the previous batch.

Is there a way to save effects preset ? how is it working when programs share the same ifx bus in combi or seq?
like: Dist. Wurly--ifx1 od wah and Jazz organ--ifx1 rotary sp

From what I understand, effects only get saved within the Program, Combi or Sequencer patch you have them on. There's no way to create and save a custom effect on its own. There is a trick though you can do to bounce patches and their effects from Program or Combi mode into Seq Mode. Can't remember exactly, but there's a "Copy Program" function that does this. Unfortunately, it only works well with one program, since loading two will overwrite each other’s effects placement.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: