Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CX3 not responding to cc:s

View previous topic :: View next topic  
analogaddict

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: CX3 not responding to cc:s Reply with quote

Hi!
A Quick question; the original CX3 responds to cc#70-78 for lower manual drawbar control. I can't seem to make the Kronos CX3 respond to those cc:s; has anyone else tried this? My goal is to control the upper manual drawbars from the Kronos sliders and lower manual drawbars from my Kurz PC3. I've done this with my previous rig, controlling VB3 or an XK3c so I know it works with those synths... The manual is a bit vague when it comes to midi cc:s, I got the cc:s from the CX3 manual. Actually, I tried cc:s 1-149 just to make sure, and indeed I could toggle perc and vibrato, control OD and more, but not the drawbars...
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I remembered another thread where we talked about the CX-3 drawbar situations (external control of them)... but I can't find it... so may as well just start up this old thread again...

did anyone figure out how to control the cx-3 drawbars from a device OTHER than the kronos?

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
keyplayer14

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember which thread it was either but didn't someone figure out it was done with Sysex and not midi cc's?
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's right. For whatever reason, the Kronos uses Sysex for control of the CX3 draw bars.

Grrrr.

Of course, if we had an editor, it may not be as much of a problem. But I suspect Korg only have one programmer working on the editor, after the same solitary programmer finished 1.5 ona diet of energy drinks and cocaine, he's understandably drained.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
popmann

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was me. It's one of the only HUGE disappointments for me with the Kronos, because I have a wonderful Voce MIDIDrawbar unit that I can't use. Which means, I boot the computer for demos just to use the b4. It was plug and play with the Kurzweil KB3 mode...while I didn't expect them to have the foresight to use all the same controllers, I assumed they would at least USE CCs for the DBs, and I could reassign them to the Voce/Kurz/B4 standard.

No dice. Sad. Good news is, it's certainly something that CAN be fixed with a software update...anyone know who we need to call to make it happen?
Cpilot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you could stick a laptop between the controller and the Kronos and use some software to do the translation, but for me that defeats the object of buying the Kronos in the first place. So, I've built a little MIDI box which will go between my B4D or Axiom 61 and the Kronos and translate the CCs to Kronos sysex. The box only has a microprocessor and the standard MIDI interfaces so it's quite simple. I'm right in the middle of writing the program for the micro and I'll publish the details when it's working if anyone is interested.

Bryan
popmann

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this is on Korg for me. The B4 sounds as good or better anyway...if I have to turn on the computer, it's what I'll use, but that's the primary reason I bought the Kronos-to ONLY turn on the computer when I do sequencing of things I can't play--ie, strings, horns, drums...Which these days means strings. Smile

I'm lucky enough to have a wonderful c3/122 that gets used for final tracks...so, modeled Hammond is just for quick demos here...but, I don't think they should even have an issue opening it up to CC--I think it's just an oversight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: