Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is the Kronos Editor and Plug-In Editor?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Santa Korg has a surprise for us? Laughing
jahrome

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: At the end of the day Reply with quote

McHale wrote:

Because those of us who pre-purchased them almost a year ago knew from day one that the editor would be released sometime later.

As the first forum member (outside of the beta testers and Korg affiliates) that acquired a Kronos, I discovered day 1 that the editor program was not on any of the discs that shipped with the Kronos. I contacted Korg and was told it would be available at a later date. Korg's website did not indicate the the editor would be available at a later date back in May when I purchased it. The website wasn't updated for at least 1 month after Kronos was released to indicate the editor wasn't available.

So why do those that purchased a product that didn't ship with its advertised features need to shut up? This problem is not insignificant to me. I personally don't care about OS 1.5 and have yet to install it. I just want what was advertised.....
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: At the end of the day Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:
I just want what was advertised.....

Do you not believe they will release it?

Do you think they are intentionally postponing it for some reason?
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
jahrome

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: At the end of the day Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
jahrome wrote:

How are these questions relevant to this civil discussion of releasing a product with its advertised features?

But I will answer your questions any way. I suspect they will eventually release it as it was and still is advertised. And I suspect they are intentionally postponing it because they believe it is not ready yet.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: At the end of the day Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:
McHale wrote:
jahrome wrote:

How are these questions relevant to this civil discussion of releasing a product with its advertised features?

But I will answer your questions any way. I suspect they will eventually release it as it was and still is advertised. And I suspect they are intentionally postponing it because they believe it is not ready yet.

One reason could be that due to OS1.5 the MIDI exclusive data messages have changed quite a bit, due to the new program banks, new drum banks etc. This also might have an effect in changes necessary for the editor.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NavidSyed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: At the end of the day Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:

One reason could be that due to OS1.5 the MIDI exclusive data messages have changed quite a bit, due to the new program banks, new drum banks etc. This also might have an effect in changes necessary for the editor.

agree, also NAMM is close and good marketing strategy would be to release and showcase the Editor along with KRONOS at the new NAMM to boost sales, also we might see KRONOS Expanded with 4gb of memory, bigger SSD and some new libraries pre-loaded with Expanded sticker? remember M3? so I would not think Korg will release the editor before NAMM Twisted Evil
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: At the end of the day Reply with quote

NavidSyed wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

agree, also NAMM is close and good marketing strategy would be to release and showcase the Editor along with KRONOS at the new NAMM to boost sales, also we might see KRONOS Expanded with 4gb of memory, bigger SSD and some new libraries pre-loaded with Expanded sticker? remember M3? so I would not think Korg will release the editor before NAMM Twisted Evil

I doubt about the 4gb, the others might be true, altough I expect they rather sell libraries than put it in a package already. The NAMM show might be a very good reason.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
thehost250

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: At the end of the day Reply with quote

Quote:
If your life seems worthless or destroyed because the editor isn't out yet, you either have had a very easy life or your priorities are out of whack.

Let's get this straight. My life is far from worthless or destroyed because of anything musical. You on the other hand are defending a company that you make rich and ironically they won't even come on this very forum to defend themselves.

If you reread my post I said I love the sounds and sound shaping capabilities of the Kronos. The reality is the sequencer sucks. Be honest, how much can you really do with it because you can't truly see everything going on?

I respect the fact that you love Korg products. It is one thing out of many in my arsenal. I use it as a sound module, period. I never even had any intentions on using the sequencer portion so it's no loss to me because it's doing what I purchased it for. It still doesn't negate the fact that an advertised feature to set them apart from the competition doesn't exist over 6 months later. Again, it doesn't bother me but I can understand the disappoint for those who hoped for something they still don't have on a keyboard that starts out at $2999.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: At the end of the day Reply with quote

thehost250 wrote:
You on the other hand are defending a company that you make rich and ironically they won't even come on this very forum to defend themselves.

If Korg (or any company) had to "defend themselves" every time someone on a forum made a complaint, they'd need a team to do that. Most of us here are used to Korg's postings on forums. When they have something to say, they will. It will be released when it's ready and they will announce when it will be released, when they know for sure. Korg, unlike other vendors, will not come on to pay lip service. Most of us that have been on forums with Korg reps are very familiar with that fact.

It WILL be released. They are close to a release. Just be patient...
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
jahrome

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: At the end of the day Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
thehost250 wrote:
You on the other hand are defending a company that you make rich and ironically they won't even come on this very forum to defend themselves.

If Korg (or any company) had to "defend themselves" every time someone on a forum made a complaint, they'd need a team to do that. Most of us here are used to Korg's postings on forums. When they have something to say, they will. It will be released when it's ready and they will announce when it will be released, when they know for sure. Korg, unlike other vendors, will not come on to pay lip service. Most of us that have been on forums with Korg reps are very familiar with that fact.

It WILL be released. They are close to a release. Just be patient...

I have been "patiently" waiting almost 7 months for this Editor...I "patiently" waited 2 months for the broken data wheels to be fixed/re-designed. With the data wheel situation, my issue was initially ignored..or the way I felt, it wasn't given a high enough priority. When multiple people in the forum started to have the same issues and posting about the issue in the forums, Korg finally started answering my emails.

With all this being said, my experience with the Korg/Kronos hasn't been great. Defending them won't change this.
StudioF

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg has to build 9 synthengines into 1 editor, thats a lot of work. give them time...
The editor will come. be patient..
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg has simply failed to deliver in this case - deliver something which was part of the original advertising and even of the paid package I bought. That's a simple fact and NOTHING of all the lame excuses exchanged here can be of ANY relevance concerning this simple fact of non-delivery.

I guess everyone of us would have shown some understanding and patience for a delay of 2-3 months, resulting from complications during the process. But a delay of half a year is an indication not of minor problems, but of altogether wrong planning and not enough man power put into this task by the Korg management.

That definitely a no go from my view, and the very last thing this calls for is user patience! You can't proudly advertise an important DAW integration feature as part of the package (it was NOT announced as merely possible addon happening much later!), and then instead of delivering soon, completely ignore your responsibility towards your buyers afterwards, as if nothing had happened.

So this advertising and selling of something in fact not existent for a much too long time, is a bad failure from the Korg management, and nothing to be excused in any possible way from my view. What irritates me most, is that in this situation no one from Korg shows up to stick with their resposibility, but all we get is a lame "we are working on it": as if there were no responsibility to deliver within some acceptable time frame at all!
That reminds me a bit of lame politician style (don't ever remind us of being responsible) of a kind I surely don't like.

As I already said: everyone knows how much I like the Kronos and the Korg team members as far as we know them. I defended the project and the team against unjustified criticism more than once! But I do not have to like everything they do or don't do, and in this case my criticism is not for the programming team, but for the management of the OS/plugin development: they really deserved this critisism well! I think Seedy nailed it when writing in another thread:
"Of course, if we had an editor, it may not be as much of a problem. But I suspect Korg only have one programmer working on the editor, after the same solitary programmer finished 1.5 ona diet of energy drinks and cocaine, he's understandably drained."
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know for sure they have more developers.

I work alone and PCG Tools can only handle about 20 parameters or so (like name, mute, program, combi some references etc). WHen I would have to write a fully tested editor for the Kronos it's manyears (probably like 20-50?), not sure though how much in total.

You want to wait 50 years for your editor? Or accept that software engineering is a very human intensive task.

Also it's very hard to add a lot of people towards the end of the project to speed up the development time, because overhead and learning time will be added.

Cpilot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's par for the course for Korg. The Kronos was late in delivery (some are still waiting!), OS 1.5 was late so why not the editor as well. I think we should all be used to late deliveries by now. Don't forget that Korg isn't the same size concern as Yamaha. Yamaha are the biggest manufacturer of musical instruments in the world and they've been at it for a lot longer than Korg, so you would expect them to get their act straight. In any case, there's so much to learn about the Kronos that it will take me a long time to get round to the editor.

Bryan
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Korg has simply failed to deliver in this case - deliver something which was part of the original advertising and even of the paid package I bought. That's a simple fact and NOTHING of all the lame excuses exchanged here can be of ANY relevance concerning this simple fact of non-delivery."
\

Typical JIMKNOPF...

From This... Kronos reigns and it is perfect....defend it at all cost.

To This Mommy, I WANT MY EDITOR>>WAAAA>>>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15

Jump to: