Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RADIAS - memory fades when you reach my age... but hello!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
themusicman2001
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: RADIAS - memory fades when you reach my age... but hello! Reply with quote

Hi All

Long time no visit... I hope everyone here is still well and producing music. Me... I haven't done much recently, but have started to get back into music production over the last few weeks and am really enjoying it. I have also decided to move from Cubase to Logic Pro and have invested in the latest version - which I love.

Anyway... I seem to have a memory lapse re my RADIAS.

I just can't seem to get it to respond to MIDI when I add it as a new MIDI track/instrument in Logic Pro. No matter which channel I select (individual or All) I can't get Logic to receive or transmit any MIDI to/from the RADIAS.

I seem to remember somewhere, seeing a GLOBAL setting that I had to adjust on the RADIAS to get this to work. Is this right... can someone remind me please...?

PS: for those who remember me, I still have my burgundy baby Smile Loving the TI too Smile

John
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things to check first...

1. Is the Radias connected to your computer with a standard MIDI cable, or a USB cable?

2. If connected through USB, did you install the USB drivers that are on the disc that came with the Radias? They are also available to download on Korg's website.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Global use Page+ to get to MIDI. There you will find 'Routing'. Set it to USB or MIDI + USB.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
musicgarage.org

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Korg Radias & Logic 9 Reply with quote

Hi Guys ~

Thanks for your posts, they are helpful. I too am trying to use Radias with Logic. Are these posts implying that somehow Radias becomes a virtual instrument? Or is it just the playing, sequence capture and playbakc of MIDI date that your discussing?

Please advise and thank you!

Steve
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Radias will not act as a virtual instrument. Your options are using your DAW as a MIDI sequencer, then routing the audio into your computer to record like would with any other instrument.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
musicgarage.org

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I was just checking based on the language in the post above.
themusicman2001
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks all for the info here.

OK, new question if I may...

I have the Radias 'seen' by Logic, and when I play the RADIAS the MIDI data is sent and recorded, and it also plays back... however, there's no drum data seen in the track.

How do I set Logic to record the MIDI data from all 4 timbres in each 'patch' including the drum data please?

When I press play in Logic, the patch starts, including drum data, but I am guessing this is because the patch has received a start sysex and if there's a drum layer in the patch, it plays too. No MIDI data is seen on the track though.

Can anyone help please...? thanks,
John
vicz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out p114 of the manual, P01–1: COMMON. where there are some diagrams.

3: Position [PostKBD, PreTG]
Specifies how MIDI IN and MIDI OUT will be routed within the RADIAS. This setting will affect the way in which MIDI data is received and transmitted, and how arpeggiator data is handled.
PostKBD
Data received from the MIDI IN connector is sent to the timbres without being affected by the RADIAS’ internal settings or the arpeggiator. Data produced by the keyboard and the SELECT [1]– [16] keys is converted by the RADIAS’ internal settings, routed through the arpeggiator and step sequencers, and sent to the timbres and the MIDI OUT connector.

PreTG
Data received from the MIDI IN connector is converted by the RADIAS’ internal settings, routed through the arpeggiator and step sequencers, and sent to the tim- bres.
Data produced by the keyboard and the SELECT [1]– [16] keys will be sent to the MIDI OUT connector with- out being affected by the arpeggiator or by any internal setting other than “Octave.” This data is also converted by the internal settings, routed through the arpeggiator, and sent to the timbres.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: