Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Export/Import Midi into DAW question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EiwazMike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Export/Import Midi into DAW question. Reply with quote

How goes it guys? I have another question.

How do I export a midi file from MS into my DAW?

Basically what I'm trying to do is import all the midi tracks from a file into my DAW (Presonus Studio One) on its own track

From my DAW, I want to be able to trigger the sounds on the MS. I'm experimenting and trying to figure this out right now but any shortcuts and/or tips are greatly appreciated.

Is this even possible?

I'm learning this whole thing slowly but surely. I'm new to midi, workstations, and actually composing music.
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exporting songs as MIDI files is handled in the Global/Media menus. Oddly enough, you can't do this from the PC editor, nor transfer the file via USB.

You'll want to find the option in the MEDIA menus that says SAVE TO SMF, then create either a Format 1 or 0 MIDI file. For multitrack MIDI, select Format 1 and then save it to the memory card. From there, you need to physically remove the SD memory card from the microSTATION and connect it to your computer somehow. The MIDI file will be buried somewhere in the Korg folder, don't remember exactly which one.

As for setting up your DAW to use with the microSTATION, every DAW has a slightly different way of setting this up. The only DAW I have experience with is Ableton, so if you have something else, you might want to check a help section or FAQ on their website. It's usually laid in the MIDI section. Essentially you want to set up 16 MIDI tracks in your DAW, each operating on a different numbered channel that correspond with the track numbers that are set up in SEQ MODE.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: