Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microarranger vs microstation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Microarranger vs microstation? Reply with quote

Hello everyone, i am now considering the 2 machines, so do you guys can give me some advice? i have read many reviews about them already, and i still confuse. I prefer a compact and light, and i love the accompanment too, just wonder any pros that the microstation have? such as better voice, function etc..
thanks a lot for you guys!!
LFCMusic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose the Microstation for 3 reasons.

1. Effects-
Microstation- 5 Insert Effects, 2 Master Effects, 1 Insert Effects
Korg M3- 5 Insert Effects, 2 Master Effects, 2 Insert Effects

2. Midi Controller-
It replaced the 2nd Gen Axion 49 key controller I would use at home with the Korg M3 module. I keep the actual Korg M3 keybed at church and use the Microstation as a controller. It lighter to carry home on sundays than a full size keyboard.
Although the keys are small, in my opinion, their response is great. After a few minutes your fingers adjust, primarly your right pinky when playing chords.

3. Sounds Module-
Its compliments the M3 very well. It has alot of your basic bread and butter sounds and great comibnation sounds. But, if you want more, it lets you create your very own 16 timbre program.

Its like a watered down Mini-Korg M3/M50 without the touch screen and various hig end specs.

-Past Gear-
Korg: M50, Trinity, Triton, 01WFD, 05RW, X5D, SP-100 & N364
Yamaha: Motif 8
samta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFCMusic wrote:
I chose the Microstation for 3 reasons.

1. Effects-
Microstation- 5 Insert Effects, 2 Master Effects, 1 Insert Effects
Korg M3- 5 Insert Effects, 2 Master Effects, 2 Insert Effects

2. Midi Controller-
It replaced the 2nd Gen Axion 49 key controller I would use at home with the Korg M3 module. I keep the actual Korg M3 keybed at church and use the Microstation as a controller. It lighter to carry home on sundays than a full size keyboard.
Although the keys are small, in my opinion, their response is great. After a few minutes your fingers adjust, primarly your right pinky when playing chords.

3. Sounds Module-
Its compliments the M3 very well. It has alot of your basic bread and butter sounds and great comibnation sounds. But, if you want more, it lets you create your very own 16 timbre program.

Its like a watered down Mini-Korg M3/M50 without the touch screen and various hig end specs.

Wow thanks a lot for the great explaination!!
So how about the sequencer function? is it easy to use under microstation? actually why i want arranger due to the accompanment majorily. I just want to know is that easy to create and edit a drum backing like intro, fill etc...have you try to create a song from the MS? Could you tell more feeling about the MS? thanks a lot buddy! (I want to create all the thing from the MS, but not through PC)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: