Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Well,....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Well,.... Reply with quote

I thought OS 1.5 solved my problem of stuck notes but it's back! In fact, i just didn't play long enough when i reported here that all was well. I'm not reporting in the RH3 thread since i don't have any problems when i play the Kronos by itself or with my computer system through the Kronos USB MIDI interface. So, the keybed or keys are not the culprit here.

If i use the old school MIDI ports, i have constant stuck notes and notes that don't trigger. I'm on OSX10.6.8 with Logic Pro 9.1.5 and RME Babyface. Never had any problem with that system and my previous controller(Korg 01/W Pro, so i guess i can rule out the computer side of it. I don't even use any KARMA stuff that could fill up the MIDI stream...

Anybody on the same kind of system is seeing this? Thanks.

Blink
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you still have problems after upgrading.

There would be an answer in midst Dec as far as I know ... and there is one sticky thread about this issue.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michel,
Thanks for the reply. I didn't see anything in the thread about the RH3 that looks like my problem(and i don't have 3 hours to read it all). I was hoping someone with the same kind of setup as mine would confirm the problem. If someone tells me that they don't have any problems, i'll go buy new MIDI cables, but i fear it will be a useless purchase...

Blink
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I see I misread, I thought it was about cutoff notes, but now I see it's about stuck notes. Forgive me.

And I'm sorry, I don't have a solution either.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Well,.... Reply with quote

blinkofanI wrote:
I thought OS 1.5 solved my problem of stuck notes but it's back! In fact, i just didn't play long enough when i reported here that all was well.

If i use the old school MIDI ports, i have constant stuck notes and notes that don't trigger. Anybody on the same kind of system is seeing this? Thanks.

Blink

I would suggest contacting Korg Canada Tech/Product Support.

Given your situation of "Kronos Midi w/ external computer works with USB but not MIDI port", perhaps Korg can give you some help coming up with some type of test to determine if it is a hardware problem.

You might also post this over at the Karma Lab Kronos forum.

I would not necessarily rule out an audio interface/Computer problem. If I understand you correctly:
-- using Kronos USB MIDI directly to Computer USB port causes no problem
-- using Kronos MIDI out to RME Babyface MIDI IN causes a problem.

Is there a way to test the Kronos MIDI out port with another keyboard -- i.e. direct MIDI OUT to MIDI IN?

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin,
Thanks for the reply. I could plug the K directly to my Z1. I'll also buy a MIDI cable today and replace my current cable. Could be as stupid as a faulty cable. Thanks for the suggestions.

Blink
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
Well, a big thank you to Martin. I found culprit: RME Babyface MIDI IN port!! When i plugged the K directly to the Z1 i had no problem. I then plugged the Z1 to the RME MIDI input... problems, problems!

I have a Edirol MIDI interface, so i installed the drivers and connected it to the Kronos and all is working great.

Mr. Martin, i owe you a big one!! Thanks.

Blink
popmann

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I briefly had an rme hdsp years ago...note I only use the counter for midi/vi work (audio elsewhere)...I had TONs of midi issues with the RME. I think they cut corners with their code to get the audio latency so low that make midi and VIs not as compatible. Glad you found it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: