Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

in sickness and in health ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Well?
Glad I've got it!
78%
 78%  [ 29 ]
I'd have waited!
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 37

runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: in sickness and in health ? Reply with quote

I for one am glad that I have owned my Kronos for nearly 2 months , despite the glitches and late arrivals and cut off note issue.

Would you rather have waited and missed out on the steep learning curve that has already begun?

I'm confident that Korg will deliver and I am pleased to have begun the journey.

Or would you rather have waited for your Kronos to be 'perfect' and still be on the production line, soundless and unloved over xmas ? Shocked

Last edited by runningman67 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, if you always wait for a 100% perfect synth, the best advice is never to buy a synth at all.

Like any synth, not all bugs will be solved, because before that time, a new Korg synth will see the light.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rskeys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
I agree, if you always wait for a 100% perfect synth, the best advice is never to buy a synth at all.

Like any synth, not all bugs will be solved, because before that time, a new Korg synth will see the light.

I agree, unfortunatley i got a Kronos with some hardware issiues and the guys at the repair center is having more fun than i, returning is last mesure since they are extremely hard to get in Europe right now. There is no such thing as a perfect synth but i beleive Kronos is the jack of all trades. Very Happy
irtehyar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the option for "both"?

I'm glad I got mine in June. It's tons o fun, and sounds incredible.

It doesn't fit my workflow until it's got the vst plugin, so I don't record it a whole lot right now. And the drum track issue is a ... well, issue. I could've waited.

Leaning more toward the former, however, since I realize I'm being picky expecting it to replace my M3 in the studio. It's not quite there yet. Smile
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runningman, you come up with some great stuff. Yes, I've got to echoe the 'glad I've got one' chorus. Smile

Last edited by DennyC on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the flipside...

I always try to wait at least 12-18 Months after the technology has been available,then hopefully all the major Upgrades and bugs would have been fixed,or any wishlists granted.....then its apparent if its worth the cost or not.....and perhaps if it is you maybe get it at a fraction of the cost!!!!

Its also perhaps why I prefer to mostly use older machines,I've wasted so much money on new technology in the hope it may evolve into something spectacular by OS updates only for it to be dropped,and superceded with something else,Good luck to you guys with the Kronos,I think in these times of such highprices of synth technology(well in the UK at least)you have to weigh up all the pros and cons....

Had I not got an Oasys I would consider a K,but even now I would be taking a step back on it based on its entry level price of 2.5k whereas before I simply just jumped at the purchases of things,the JP80 is one of those synths that seriously made me question my needs on what I expect from synths vs Pricepoint!,although I have the finances to purchase those synths I just think the entry level price of things has gone beyond reasonable and ask myself..."Do i really need it"thats when I see its worth the wait to hang on!!!

Last edited by Kontrol49 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
On the flipside...

I always try to wait at least 12-18 Months after the technology has been available,then hopefully all the major Upgrades and bugs would have been fixed,or any wishlists granted.....then its apparent if its worth the cost or not.....and perhaps if it is you maybe get it at a fraction of the cost!!!!

Its also perhaps why I prefer to mostly use older machines,I've wasted money on new technology in the hope it may evolve into something spectacular by OS updates only for it to be dropped!!

That's also true, actually the best time to buy it when you feel you 'need' a new synth and if you feel the money it cost reflects your conscience.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JPROBERTLA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine delivered Wednesday after for the initial issues to be vetted. New keyboards and technology typically have teething issues. This is such a leap forward that I suspected there would be issues - but that said, I am glad I have it.

I have been using a Studio88 for 10 years. While I will continue to use it, I feel I have done all I can with it. I agree that when it is time to get a new synth you will just "know it" (just like retiring). I am fortunate to have been in a position to wait for Korg to introduce something significant and the Kronos is it for me.
Kronos2-88, Behringer XR18, Turbosound IP2000 (x2), dbx DriveRack 260, KRK Rokit 8s, Mackie CFX16, Mackie SRM450(x2), Mackie SRS1500 (x2), BBE processors (x4), Roland VSR 880 (x2), Alto TS210, Alto TX10 (x3) and SoundForge
Fred S

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately my K88 has no problems, but waiting to make sure there were no new model bugs would have been the better choice. Just got lucky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: