Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crackling sound with 1.5?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Crackling sound with 1.5? Reply with quote

Since 1.5 I've noticed a "Crackle" coming though the outputs followed by a second crackle every once in awhile.

I noticed this after the update working on some patches and it was the only keyboard turned on in the room. I was able to confirm it when I was working on a second keyboard and the Kronos was just sitting there idle and would crackle every so often.

I never noticed it before, so I'm assuming it's a new bug with 1.5

Anyone else?
robbie50

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Yes..... Reply with quote

Very Happy

When I set my aftertouch to 7 I hear a crackle to.
But when I set it to 6 or 5 it's gone...... Exclamation

greetings,

rob
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Crackling sound with 1.5? Reply with quote

NuSkoolTone wrote:
Since 1.5 I've noticed a "Crackle" coming though the outputs followed by a second crackle every once in awhile.

I noticed this after the update working on some patches and it was the only keyboard turned on in the room. I was able to confirm it when I was working on a second keyboard and the Kronos was just sitting there idle and would crackle every so often.

Anyone else?

Have you tried listening through headphones directly connected to the front of the KRONOS? That would help to confirm whether the problem is internal to the KRONOS, or elsewhere in the audio system.

If you don't hear the problem in the headphones, I'd double-check the cabling, connections to mixers or other audio systems, etc.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
danatkorg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes..... Reply with quote

robbie50 wrote:
Very Happy

When I set my aftertouch to 7 I hear a crackle to.
But when I set it to 6 or 5 it's gone...... Exclamation

greetings,

rob

I couldn't tell from the emoticons - are you being serious, or just kidding?

If you're not kidding, can you provide more details?
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
robbie50

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't tell from the emoticons - are you being serious, or just kidding?

No I'm NOT kidding! Exclamation
But I try to recall the weird sound with aftertouch on 8, but I can't recall it.
Think I made a mp3 and send it to you........
But the sound is now gone...(??)

But when I hear it again a make a mp3 and send it to you...

greetings,

rob
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Crackling sound with 1.5? Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
NuSkoolTone wrote:

Anyone else?

Have you tried listening through headphones directly connected to the front of the KRONOS? That would help to confirm whether the problem is internal to the KRONOS, or elsewhere in the audio system.

If you don't hear the problem in the headphones, I'd double-check the cabling, connections to mixers or other audio systems, etc.

No I usually don't monitor through headphones. My Adams A7 speakers are reliably cabled though. It would be a rather odd coincidence for there to be a problem only after doing the 1.5 update I suppose.

Perhaps I'll try recording the audio interface the Kronos is connected to overnight and see if it presents itself if it only happens on the channels with the Kronos on it, I think it'd be a safe assumption it's the Kronos. I'm not up for hanging around in headphones for an hour to see when the Kronos glitches. Because they are a solid 20-30 min apart it seemed while I was working.

Oh and FWIW, my aftertouch is at 3
danatkorg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Crackling sound with 1.5? Reply with quote

NuSkoolTone wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
NuSkoolTone wrote:

Anyone else?

No I usually don't monitor through headphones. My Adams A7 speakers are reliably cabled though. It would be a rather odd coincidence for there to be a problem only after doing the 1.5 update I suppose.

Perhaps I'll try recording the audio interface the Kronos is connected to overnight and see if it presents itself if it only happens on the channels with the Kronos on it, I think it'd be a safe assumption it's the Kronos.

There would be various other factors, depending on how you are listening to the KRONOS: the cables, the interface, clocking, interface->computer drivers if you're listening through software, etc. I'm not saying that any of these is necessarily the problem, just that they would be other possible factors which would need to be eliminated during troubleshooting.

My own opinion is that it is very unlikely that this has anything to do with the update.

NuSkoolTone wrote:
I'm not up for hanging around in headphones for an hour to see when the Kronos glitches. Because they are a solid 20-30 min apart it seemed while I was working.

An alternative would be to connect a hardware recorder, if you have one.

NuSkoolTone wrote:

I will be extraordinarily surprised if the aftertouch setting is related. At the moment, I cannot see how it would possibly make any difference.

- Dan
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Crackling sound with 1.5? Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:

There would be various other factors, depending on how you are listening to the KRONOS: the cables, the interface, clocking, interface->computer drivers if you're listening through software, etc. I'm not saying that any of these is necessarily the problem, just that they would be other possible factors which would need to be eliminated during troubleshooting.

My own opinion is that it is very unlikely that this has anything to do with the update.

Interface is an Echo Audiofire 12 and has it's own clock. Drivers have been the same for two years, cabling is good AFAIK. I can double check these things of course. Though the only thing that has changed was the OS upgrade within that 24 hr period, hence my inquisition.

danatkorg wrote:
NuSkoolTone wrote:
I'm not up for hanging around in headphones for an hour to see when the Kronos glitches. Because they are a solid 20-30 min apart it seemed while I was working.

An alternative would be to connect a hardware recorder, if you have one.

Unfortunately, I do not. I could hook up a spare laptop I suppose?

NuSkoolTone wrote:
danatkorg wrote:

I will be extraordinarily surprised if the aftertouch setting is related. At the moment, I cannot see how it would possibly make any difference.

- Dan

I would be too. I just put it out there because of what the other poster said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: