Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Clock Still Defaults to "EXT" When Set To Aut

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Midi Clock Still Defaults to "EXT" When Set To Aut Reply with quote

On all previous Korg keyboards, using the setting of Auto USB would still provide the default tempo on the play page. Now you have to change your Global to Internal for this to appear.
Also when working in a DAW, keeping the setting of "Auto USB" would default to the tempo when not rolling. Now you have to hit the space bar and again to stop rolling to see the tempo.

I wonder why this wasn't addressed, it is clearly obvious.
Does anyone have any idea why, am I overlooking something?
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know exactly what you are talking about, and yes, its a Kronos "thing". Certainly wasn't the case on the M3.
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ron, yeah, it's kind of annoying, knowing that it doesn't have to be this way. I was just wondering if maybe I was missing something or that it may have been overlooked in the update..
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is annoying if you are accustomed to an M3 or other Korg workstation which supports that feature....because its a great convenience! But for whatever reason its just not implemented the same way here. I don't know that its a "bug" as much as a difference in features, similar to how the sequencer is different on the Kronos than it is on the M3. I honestly cannot remember, from when I still owned my Oasys, whether it was implemented this way or not? Maybe some current Oasys owner could chime in on that. Because if its implemented on Oasys....then its very strange its missing on Kronos.
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it was definitely on my Oasys, I clearly remember it and as you say my M3 also. That's what made me so aware that it was missing..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: