Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GM Programs after OS 1.5 update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: GM Programs after OS 1.5 update Reply with quote

I noticed yesterday that GM variations (g(1) .. g(9) were not shown in the program list.
However, I would have expected the unique GM variations would be visible (like g(2..9)128 which contains some effect, but also several others.

Or did I miss something?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
xtatty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: GM Programs after OS 1.5 update Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
I noticed yesterday that GM variations (g(1) .. g(9) were not shown in the program list.
However, I would have expected the unique GM variations would be visible (like g(2..9)128 which contains some effect, but also several others.

Or did I miss something?

Yes, they are not visible in program list.
If you want the variations of GM like g(1) .. g(9), choose a program from the GM bank ( INT-G bank)
and then press the physical "button I-G" from the bank select on the keyboard, in order to see the variations.
Internal USB & LAN:
- Wireless Lan (WL-330N3G)
- Wireless USB keyboard receiver (Logitech)
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: GM Programs after OS 1.5 update Reply with quote

xtatty wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

Or did I miss something?

Yes, they are not visible in program list.
If you want the variations of GM like g(1) .. g(9), choose a program from the GM bank ( INT-G bank)
and then press the physical "button I-G" from the bank select on the keyboard, in order to see the variations.

Thanks for clarification.

I would have expected that all really different GM sounds would be visible (but not the copies, which are most of the GM sounds in banks g(1) to g(d).

Also, in the parameter guide on page 4/5 (page 16/17 in the PDF), nothing is mentioned about the removal of the g(1)-g(9) programs. I would hoped there would be specified somewhere.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michel, I am happy to see as little GM programs as possible in the main list and very happy about the way the update handles this. I get much faster through the programs I really use this way, and everyone who wants can find all GM variations in one place.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Michel, I am happy to see as little GM programs as possible in the main list and very happy about the way the update handles this. I get much faster through the programs I really use this way, and everyone who wants can find all GM variations in one place.

That's true, but it would only be a bit of more work to add those 50-100 (?) missing GM programs that cannot be found now. I mostly skip the most GM programs anyway, but some effect sounds can come in handy.

cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:

I concur entirely. I like that GM programs are in their own space and don't spill over into the Kronos-specific areas.

Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
xtatty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cynkh wrote:
I concur entirely. I like that GM programs are in their own space and don't spill over into the Kronos-specific areas.Cheers!

+1
Internal USB & LAN:
- Wireless Lan (WL-330N3G)
- Wireless USB keyboard receiver (Logitech)
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes much better. But why did they leave the Drums with all the GM in between?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: