Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos System V1.5.0 is here... Along with EXs10!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rskeys

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dniss wrote:
Are the Karo librairies available?

I'm not finding them on Korg website.

I dont think they are yet but i'm shure Korg will inform as soon as they become available.
Rskeys

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
Rskeys wrote:
Im not shure but for it to work out of the box without tweaking i think the Nano pad is required. I dont believe it will work with the Nano Kontrol without some kind of configuration. But i could be wrong here.

Go to the Parameter Guide, page 1126:

Quote:
You can play the chord pads using Korg USB MIDI
controllers equipped with drum pads, including:
• nanoPAD and nanoPAD2
• microKONTROL
• padKONTROL
• KONTROL49

When a supported controller is connected, the KRONOS will automatically determine the MIDI assignments of the controller’s pads 1‐8, and map them directly to the KRONOS pads. If settings on the controller are changed (such as when selecting a different Scene on a nanoPAD2), the mapping will be updated automatically.

looks like the nanoKONTROL is not supported. Sad But it does say elsewhere that the nanoKEY works fine. Weird.

I'm sorry i didn't read that. I have my Kronos in a repair center and unfortunatly i cant dig in on the update. I shure will...Sometime in the near future i hope,hehehe.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rskeys wrote:
Dniss wrote:
Are the Karo librairies available?

I'm not finding them on Korg website.

I dont think they are yet but i'm shure Korg will inform as soon as they become available.

Good point!

Thanks.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Korg! Great work guys!

Downloading now and will let you all know how it turns out.

Particularly excited about upgrading the RAM and the extra sample indexes/user banks.

Will also try out the nanoKONTROL to see if that works.

Can not wait for the PC editor... So excited. Bring on Christams so I can hide away and play...
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They updated the docs as well.

That's neat.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:

looks like the nanoKONTROL is not supported. Sad But it does say elsewhere that the nanoKEY works fine. Weird.

All USB class-compliant MIDI devices are supported for MIDI input.

Additionally, the listed drum-pad-equipped Korg controllers are mapped directly to the KRONOS pads.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just copied 2 diff prgms with IFX to combi, and all the IFX went into place sequentially in a neat fashion.

Not sure if it's a fix but I like that.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or is the value slider now disabled for selecting patches? Not complaining either way, but I seem to recall that the value slider could be used for scrolling through a list of programs/combis.

Probably safer if it's disabled...

Hopefully this means the glorious editor isn't too far away (the editor/VST is one of the big reasons I took the plunge and upgraded from a Triton-class workstation to the Kronos).
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
danatkorg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
Is it just me, or is the value slider now disabled for selecting patches? Not complaining either way, but I seem to recall that the value slider could be used for scrolling through a list of programs/combis.

It's always been this way; when the Program or Combination name is selected, or on the Set List Play page, the Value slider sends CC 18. From the Operation Guide:

VALUE slider
Use this to edit the selected parameter’s value. This control is convenient for making large changes to the value, such as moving quickly to the minimum or maximum setting.
You can also use the VALUE slider as a modulation source, but only when the following are true:
• You’re on the Program mode P0‐Main page, and the big Program name is selected, or
• You’re on the Combination mode P0– Prog Select/Mixer page, and the big Combination name is selected.
• You’re on the Set List P0‐Play page.
In these cases only, the VALUE slider sends MIDI CC#18, and can be used as a modulation source.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Dan, thanks for the speedy reply.

Wasn't sure if I was imagining things... Turns out I was!

Well done again to you and your team for the release of 1.5. Gussing it's time for you to have a holiday? Wink

baboon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't open the instal.info with stuffit expander on the imac ,but is it the same explation as in manuals 'kronos update and rest'?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling I'm the last one who updates his Kronos ... have to work for about 6 more hours.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded the OS just to read the included updated manuals and started lurking around the files and found some interesting things such as:
Code:
vsftpd.conf
# You may fully customise the login banner string:
ftpd_banner=Welcome to the Korg Kronos FTP service.

Code:
HOSTNAME=kronos
Code:
OA.rc

# start ifplugd
#   do this after loadoa to give USB devices time to startup and be detected by their drivers
ETH_INTERFACES="`cat /proc/net/dev | awk '{ print $1 }' | egrep '^(eth|wlan)' | cut -d: -f1`"
echo -n "Starting Network Interface Plugging Daemon:"
for IF in $ETH_INTERFACES ; do
   ifplugd -i $IF -fIW -u0 -d10 -r /sbin/ifplugd.lite.action&
   echo -n " $IF"
   done
echo "."
Hmm I don't know anything about Linux but that seems interesting, By editing these would it be possible to enable ethernet(but still obviously it needs some code somewhere probably to work).

Code:
KRONOS_Update1_5_0\mnt\sbin\USBMidiAccessory.ko
Binary file but maybe this could be edited Cool

Code:
KRONOS_Update1_5_0\KRONOS_Update1_5_0\mnt\korg\VersionInfo
build=1.5.0rc21 built Mon 11/21/11 10:33AM
versionPrefix="KRONOS"
versionH=1
versionM=5
versionL=0
versionSuffix=""
user=500
group=500
Could be also edited to show different version on boot? (don't know why you would do that but meh...)

I can also see that the Boot folder also contains grub.conf which could be perhaps be edited for Dualboot Laughing ?

Maybe I'm talking nonsense, as mentioned I don't know anything about the above

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed quite interesting, however my assumptions (I don't have knowledge about the code of a Kronos):
- probably some more is needed for ethernet (but maybe it's already there)
- I guess Korg has someway protected their binary files so we cannot just change it, possibly by a checksum at least.
- Possibly some strings might be changed after all with some effect.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
danatkorg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baboon wrote:
I can't open the instal.info with stuffit expander on the imac ,but is it the same explation as in manuals 'kronos update and rest'?

instal.info is a file used by the installer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: