Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Requests for System Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Requests for System Update Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone from Korg will read this, but I'd really like to see an autoload feature added for the SD reader. The option to select which data you want to have load automatically on start-up would be really, really appreciated. It's kind of annoying that the sequencer (the main feature for owning a workstation) requires a memory card to save anything, yet doesn't recall any of this data without the user manually loading it every time they turn on the machine.

Maybe if we get enough requests here, we can all send Korg an email with our suggestions.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's unlikely, only because it's been this way on all korg workstations up till now.

I doubt you really want to work on the same song or group of songs every time you turn on the workstation.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that makes sense then. Wasn't aware that all Korg workstations functioned that way, though it seemed odd because my microSAMPLER boots up the last bank used and the sequences saved for it when powered on. Kinda figured I was missing something here.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
KORG2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this "feature"! First, I also found it annoying to load my songs everytime. But as my children also play on this keyboard, the can do whatever they want with the sequencer (recoding, editing) without destroying my recordings. Smile
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully, if you save a DAW session with the mS VST editor in it, it loads up everything you left off at.

I noticed in your sig it says V1.0.1? Has there been an update that I just haven't been aware of. Mine says V1.0.0 when I boot it up.

I think another thing that would be good for an update would be letting you input notes into the Grid Sequencer as it's playing. Seems odd that when you go into Grid mode, input some notes then press play, it plays back the sequence and the Grid button remains lit up, but then the input buttons become disabled. Kind of bothersome when you're used to real-time Roland TR/MC grid programming.
Korglee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always used only realtime sequencers and have zero experience with the grid type. I just bought a Roland Juno Gi to compliment my MIcrostation and would like to learn the grid way because that's all that's available in the Roland. Do you know of any video tutorials that might be out there because I'm not getting it with just the manual.
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Juno Gi only has an audio recorder, not a MIDI sequencer. Roland's website usually has tutorial videos, might want to check there.

I learned using an MC-303 years ago which came with an instructional VHS tape.
Korglee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Juno Gi has a rhythm pattern grid style sequencer. That's it. I checked the Roland site, but have found no tutorials yet. I use the Microstation for my 16 track midi sequencing. Before that I used a Karma. I like working on the keyboard itself. Thanks.
Korglee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think an auto-load option is a great idea. I'd love to have the last song I was working on before shut down load by itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: