Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cool Setlist Trick for Gig'ers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phinnin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Cool Setlist Trick for Gig'ers Reply with quote

Okay, I am building my first real Gig setlist and discovered an obvious but super cool attribute of the setlist:

You can create setlist entries that do nothing but provide info! In every other board I have ever used (master mode in Yamaha for example) you put all your songs in order but it was entirely based on the sound sequence you would use (hammond, then wurli, then a synth, then piano, etc.)

But with setlist mode, you can make a blank slot and just name it for easy tracking: I named "stall for 20 seconds" for example to remind me that the guitar player needs to go into Drop D before the next song. You can put your breaks in there, Hell, you can put scripts for banter in there if you want. Then you just move through the list, one page per set type thing.

You can then cut and paste the whole setlist if you want to make an "adjusted" lineup.

Simple, easy, efficient. Does any other board do this and maybe I just didn't know it?

Me = Kronos Fanboy
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And with PCG Tools you can even use a PC to enter the text making it easier than doing it on the synth's onscreen keyboard.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Setlist - How?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
On the Setlist - How?

Load the PCG in the app, select the set list slot, press Edit and type in the description, repeat for any set list slot, save the PCG.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I understand now. I was having the initial uncertainty because most of the PGC files I have downloaded do not have the option to select Combi or Setlist Confused

I eventually found a Robinhood download were I could select Combi and another Robinhood download (residentevil) where both Combi and Setlist could be selected. Good work Michael and Robinhood Cool
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
Ok, I understand now. I was having the initial uncertainty because most of the PGC files I have downloaded do not have the option to select Combi or Setlist Confused

I eventually found a Robinhood download were I could select Combi and another Robinhood download (residentevil) where both Combi and Setlist could be selected. Good work Michael and Robinhood Cool

I don't know exactly what PCG of Robinhood this is ... is there a link to it so I can test it in my app?

panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to send it to you but my email provider won't let me due to the file size (35Mb).

Edit: Main PGC file compressed and now sent to you.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
Tried to send it to you but my email provider won't let me due to the file size (35Mb).

Edit: Main PGC file compressed and now sent to you.

Thanks for sending, I got your email!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: