Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Kronos(X), Krome, Oasys,M3/M50,Tritons, ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 59, 60, 61  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added a post Future Ideas (as about the 5th post) to keep it updated while getting new ideas organized.

Feel free to shoot at it, give new ideas, changes, tips etc.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked quite hard on the app last week, so there is new functionality and small improvements:

New feature: Combi Content List
Possibility to generate a list of programs used by each combi (note this is different than the existing list which shows it sorted by program).

Code:
A000  : A001   J020   J116   
A001  : D000   D016   D043   D091   D096   D120   D122   
A002  : B026   H030   J063   K040   L016   L125   
A003  : C028   C035   C113   C120   C123   K046   

New support: Triton Extreme Support
As you can see, the above combi/program numbers are not from the Kronos. The reason is they come from a Korg Triton Extreme file, meaning this model is now also supported (for all functionality, except of course set lists).

Improvement: Ignore first program/skip muted/off timbres
Sometimes in PCGs, combi timbres are referencing program (I-)A-000 even while it is not used, you now can switch it off with a check box.

Improvement: Ignore muted/off timbres
As above, you now can choose to (not) ignore muted/off timbres; default is to ignore them, but in some cases you might want to see them all.

Have fun!

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say first of all that it looks good! Quite a bit of coding under the hood!! I suspect there will be a few issues with writing back out to PCG files as I've been playing for a few weeks with outputting PCG files and seem to be hung up on a checksum or something.
I'm posting it to this thread since I imagine there will be a few other techie/patch divers out there perhaps with some insight and also since I know it's something you might be interested in.
So far I can only test it out with Kronos PCG files (don't have my Triton Extreme anymore Sad ) and it seems that offset 218 for a single bank PCG is responsible for holding the checksum- I just haven't figured out the algorithm yet...

Thanks for listening...

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be really bad news if Korg was protecting writing to a PCG. It would hold off a lot of 3th party programms like you and me.

If you want to test Korg Triton Extreme files you can send them to me and I can check. Currently I have my Extreme at home, but it will also be in the rehearsal room so it can take upto a week for testing. But I'm willing to test your generated PCG files.

I'm thinking about making PCG Tools eventually capble of changing things too, like a sort of librarian, so I will encounter the possible checksum problem too.

cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, sorry about the rapid-fire posts and possibly not being entirely related to this thread; but, I wanted to update everyone with my findings.

I just tested out a program of mine that outputs Kronos PCG bank files (1 bank at a time so far) and can confirm that the checksum byte resides at offset 218 of the PCG bank file (which should be 635,264 bytes long) and is calculated by adding to an accumulator value each individual byte of the 'MBK1' section which begins at offset 372 and goes right up to the end of the file. The accumulator is added-to modulus 256 (8-bit) so the resulting value never goes beyond 255 and fits nicely into a single byte.

Hope this helps any future developers.

Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cynk: Thank you very much for this info. It will be really helpfull to me and possibly to others too.

NOTICE: For the latest update changes, look 4 posts higher!

Last edited by michelkeijzers on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New added future ideas:

Command line version
Creating a command line version, like:

From a dos window start:
pcgTools.exe <name> <type>
where <type> can be patch_list, program_usage_list or combi_content_list

I also could add every other parameter but that would take quite some time (also to type in). In that case it would be better to add a sort of config file.

(Jon Lord: thanks for giving the idea to add a command line version).

XML output
Currently there is a text file and CSV file output. Text for human readable text (e.g. for word) and CSV for tables like Excel. XML might be handy for people wanting to use it in some sort of database.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently busy with Korg M50 support and going well ... hope to test it better on Wednesday so I can publish it on Wednesday or Thursday.

After that I promise to add a new feature for everybody (also Kroni), probably XML output which is quite easy.

Things to come after that:
- Command Line options (simple or enhanced; don't know yet)
- Support for Korg M3
- Support for all other Tritons except Extreme and Trinity.

Other wishes? Post it here and I will add it to the wish list if it sounds reasonable.

jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No whishes, just a thank you for developing the program and sending the updates!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome, hopefully I can make enough time to send more during the next months.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Time for another update. Sorry for the Kronos fans: this time not much for you but the next feature will be for everyone.

Changes can be read in the versions post on the first page but the new items are repeated here:

10-Aug-2011
Support: Support for Korg M50 PCG files.
Support: Support for Korg M3 PCG files.
Improv: Wait cursor while generating lists.
Improv: (Much) Faster Combi Content List generation.

burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does one get a copy of your program?

Busch.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
How does one get a copy of your program?

Busch.

By PMing your email to me so I can send it by email.

Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
You have all the models supported, which is great:

Tritron Studio, Extreme, Classic, Le, and Rack
M3
OASYS
KRONOS

What about adding the MicroX, X50, TR and Trinity (Solo and V3 versions)?

Sina

I don't think the Triton Studio, Classic, Le and Rack is supported. I'm planning to do this too, but not on a high priority since I also got no reactions on the Triton Extreme support and that is the least recent model I support. However for the other Tritons and Trinity the difference is very low so probably I will do it.

For the MicroX and X50 I do not have plans but if you send me some PCG files of those synths (at least the factory default PCGs) I will try.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 2 of 61

Jump to: