Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Horizon Synth For iPad Anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdoo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Horizon Synth For iPad Anyone? Reply with quote

Saw that there is a new app for the iPad -- "Horizon Synth". Quick lookup on Google, and it has some great sounds. It is ~ $5 so, I am going to pick it up. Would be interested if anyone else has tried it yet?
dan303

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought it this morning. it sounds awesome.
There's no sequencer but there's an advanced arpeggiator that's ideal for making simple melodies. There's a recording feature and it supports audio copy.
I'd recommend getting it now while it's half price. =]

Microkorg, R3, Mini-KP, Nanopad, Monotron, AG-10, iElectribe, iMS-20, iKaossilator.
dan303

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also written a review of it on my blog, check the link below. =]

http://blog.dan303.com/2011/06/horizon-synth-for-ipad-review.html

Microkorg, R3, Mini-KP, Nanopad, Monotron, AG-10, iElectribe, iMS-20, iKaossilator.
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing app with incredible sounds and not just because it's less than 5 bucks. Whoever said that iPad 2 is a toy is really missing the boat.

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was thinking of buying it when i saw your posts: just bought it. Really good, a bargain. I'd like it to support midi over usb.
jdoo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:
Was thinking of buying it when i saw your posts: just bought it. Really good, a bargain. I'd like it to support midi over usb.

Not exactly what you mean by midi over usb? I connect my iPad up through the Camera Connection Kit to my m-audio KeyStation 61 es. Everything works like I would expect. I control octave, pitch bend, modulation from the Keystation. I haven't tried to figure out if there is a way to do sound/patch changes over usb midi to Horizon, but everything else is fully controlled through usb midi. For changing which patches are playing, I have to select them from the iPad.

There are some videos out there, which show off some of the sounds. I find myself more and more blown away with midi and software running on tablets. The capabilities of these programs ( iMS-20, Horizon, iElectribe, ..... ) would have cost a small fortune back in the day.
adamh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: horizon Reply with quote

this is amust grab 5$ synth

dont hold yourself back on it - im enjoying it tremendously !

(supports midi mobilizer too. Smile
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdoo wrote:
RC-IA wrote:

Not exactly what you mean by midi over usb? I connect my iPad up through the Camera Connection Kit to my m-audio KeyStation 61 es. Everything works like I would expect. I control octave, pitch bend, modulation from the Keystation. I haven't tried to figure out if there is a way to do sound/patch changes over usb midi to Horizon, but everything else is fully controlled through usb midi. For changing which patches are playing, I have to select them from the iPad.

There are some videos out there, which show off some of the sounds. I find myself more and more blown away with midi and software running on tablets. The capabilities of these programs ( iMS-20, Horizon, iElectribe, ..... ) would have cost a small fortune back in the day.

midi over wifi, sorry Embarassed
jdoo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:

Ah - makes sense now. Smile It would be GREAT if this, and programs like it, all supported midi over wifi.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdoo wrote:
RC-IA wrote:

Ah - makes sense now. Smile It would be GREAT if this, and programs like it, all supported midi over wifi.

Yep, i'd like korg apps to support it too
jdoo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Manual posted this am Reply with quote

The manual for this app was posted on-line this morning. Here is a link: http://www.beepstreet.com/horizon_synth_manual_v1.pdf
nene

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Bought this last night.

Loaded to my iPad and was thinking of taking a bath after testing it out for a bit.....I end up playing for 3 hours!!!

There isnt much apps that actually blow me away like this. I mean, getting excited over the ims20, ielectribe is a given considering the legacy of these products and the relative cheap cost of owning the software version. But Horizon Synth simply surprises me. Its like a supernova just dropped into my iPad.... ok most synth extremist might disagreed on this but the layout, sound, ability to play straight out of the box is amazing.

There should be a health hazard warning for this apps.It made me sleepless last night and I am still dreaming about it during work today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: