Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Play multiple patches with Microstation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ish1412

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Play multiple patches with Microstation Reply with quote

Greetings, I've been searching all over for the answer to what I'm sure is a very simple problem, but I'm just not getting anywhere. So I thought I'd register here and ask, apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I have a Microstation synth. It is hooked to my computer (Mac) via the USB midi driver. I also have the editor plugin and app loaded. I can record and play back from Reaper fine, however I can only seem to access 1 patch at a time.

If i record 1 track of straight MIDI on say channel 1 for synth, and another on 10 for drums when I play them back I get both sequences but only on whatever patch is currently selected on my Microstation.

If I set one of the tracks to use the Editor plugin I can select different patches right from Reaper and play back, but if I try to load the plugin on another track I get an error.

How do I tell the Microstation "playback patch 1 for channel X and patch 2 for channel Y"?
jimbers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key is Combination mode. In Combination you can specify up to 16 programs as Timbres and each timbre can have its own dedicated midi channel and some other attributes defined in Combination mode that once I've figured it all out are going to be awesome.

I run this using Maschine and Ableton live. Lets you use all of the sounds of Microstation. you can also synch tempo's and change programs and combiantion using midi!

hope that helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: