Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Password Lock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam

I assume that you have to leave your keyboard unattended or out-of-sight. I guess that if you have audiences with Korg arrangers then this could be a serious issue for you. I would assume that most people would be within sight of their gear and be taking it home at the end of a gig but I know that sometimes this is not practical. I assume that you don't want to power OFF the keyboard?

Did you ever look into the "locking USB" keys? There was an old forum message about these (can't find it now).

Without a password protection option, I assume you need to find a way of rendering the keyboard unusable, or at least, in a very inconvenient state.

I am still amazed that you have audiences comprising Korg PA "SET" thieves. I can't judge because where I am located, not many people even know what a Korg PA is !! (including some retailers Wink ).

I hope you can find a solution as this is clearly a long standing problem for you.

All the best

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before we go down this route again and get all worked up again has anyone had any feedback or chased up korg for feedback about a password protection system ?

Its been raised several timesin the past and debated by experienced users and newbies and it seems to me that now the PA3X is here and apparently has a number of bugs that are going to need sorting out , this could be an opportune time for korg to implement a password security system if they were ever going to do it.

If the demand is there for it then korg will listen.
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
Before we go down this route again and get all worked up again has anyone had any feedback or chased up korg for feedback about a password protection system ?

Its been raised several timesin the past and debated by experienced users and newbies and it seems to me that now the PA3X is here and apparently has a number of bugs that are going to need sorting out , this could be an opportune time for korg to implement a password security system if they were ever going to do it.

If the demand is there for it then korg will listen.

The demand has been there since the PA1x for PC editing capability in some form.

Korg STILL have not listened!!
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KORG WILL NOT LISTEN,

Its anoying to search Set files , And in the midle get hoked up whit the OS.

PC editing is a MUST!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg may have their own reasons for not having PC editing capabilities but i have no idea what the demand for it is. If there is overwhelming demand for it then there is no reason i can see why it would not happen. Korg did a survey a about ayear ago and asked for features that users were most interested in . I cant imagine they would collate all that data for no purpose.

Anyway none of that negates the possibility that they might consider a password request feature. There is certainly no harm in asking and conducting some form of poll might help persuade korg to do it. Why not ask Mr Tramannoni for some feedback ?
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
Why not ask Mr Tramannoni for some feedback ?

He already gave his opinion about this. Korg will not make "the codes" available for third party developers at this point . So this is practically a dead end for talented programmers such as Baboosh..WaveExtractor..etc

As far as the pc editor goes, he acknowledged the demand for a librarian software just recently, but i'm not sure what stopped them from developing something so useful like that.. . You can collect surveys from users all day every day, but that's no good unless you go somewhere with it.

They don't do it themselves, and don't let someone else do it neither. very discouraging...

miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
Korg may have their own reasons for not having PC editing capabilities but i have no idea what the demand for it is. If there is overwhelming demand for it then there is no reason i can see why it would not happen. Korg did a survey a about ayear ago and asked for features that users were most interested in . I cant imagine they would collate all that data for no purpose.

Anyway none of that negates the possibility that they might consider a password request feature. There is certainly no harm in asking and conducting some form of poll might help persuade korg to do it. Why not ask Mr Tramannoni for some feedback ?

And why don't you hazard a guess as to exactly WHAT was implemented from that survey???
Answer: not much!!

And further, there was NO request at all for a vocal canceller in MP3's - so where did that one come from?? Or to play CDG files

And if you did a search (which I really don't expect you to do, would take too long) of past records on the PA1x forum, and the PA2x forum, you would find many references to some form of PC editing capability, even for something as simple as a .set organiser, or some sort of style previewer....not much in that, but Korg have not seen fit to do anything at all along those lines.

Yes we got a Songbook Editor, but that is just a glorified Excell spreadsheet program after all!!

Worth, maybe you should re-think your position as a Korg apologist perhaps??

Now having said all of that, and notwithstanding anything else on this thread, I STILL reckon the PA3x is a superb keyboard, and certainly the best Korg have produced, and in some respects is better than anything on the market at this time.

This still does not obviate the fact that in some support areas Korg DO fall down a bit...
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this thread served its purpose as another reminder for Korg Italy. I'm pretty confident that a great number of us strongly believe in a librarian software that would just become an extension to these great keyboards.

worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am not an apologist for any body miden. I just think there are other alternatives to the black and white arguments that are being provided so far.' Korg didnt do ex like i wanted so they are not listening' is not the only reasonable conclusion you can reach taking all things into account.

You bought another PA product so they must have done something right for you to choose them again over the competition and over picking up the former pa2x again.

Korg have listened . They put the detachable speaker system on the instrument because many people expressed interest in having built in speakers and yet others did not want it because of the additional weight so Korg provided a good halfway method. some people wanted the polished sound of the yamaha and others liked the live in your face sound so korg provided the Max audio software so that users could produce the sound they wanted with professional mastering tools . Others still wanted more flexible effects options so korg provided 8 instead of the previous 4 effects.

Its not accurate to say that Korg are not listening . Clearly they have for the request they felt the majority wanted or they would not do it . there would be no business sense to ignor the majority of their customers requests and korg is a business.

anyway sorry to have gone way off thread.
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay no probs Worth, just seemed that way is all..

As for the other, well I think Korg engineers decided THEY thought they had better move toward the Yamaha sound...

Others may correct me, but I do not know of any PA users who expressed any great need to move the PA series sound towards the Yamaha sound?

I also do not recall many asking for detachable speakers, but again Korg Engineers thought THEY needed to move closer to the Yamaha model of the detachable speakers.

The efx options I TOTALLY agree with you. This had been asked for since Korg PA1x if you recall...this was an excellent move.

If you read my posts you would have seen that I indeed praise the instrument VERY highly!! It is just in some areas Korg have NOT listened, and it does fall down. Just as I said it is far superior to anything else on the arranger market in others.

I don't think it's way of topic m8, your points are well raised and appropriate imho, to this thread Smile I just hope you realise my differing of opinion is with total respect, and I am not dissing your views at all Smile
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: pass code from korg what a joke Reply with quote

the song book editor that as far as korg will go , yes korg makes it for other keyboard , but korg give us all we need to move styles and sound ,sets ,drums around and make whole new setup for what ever we want ,, and it take a long time to do it ( it suck ) i wast to much time move thing around to make it how i like it .
if korg wanted us to play the keyboard more korg would make the software for us ,, so for me i stop make and moveing thing around and just use it for make music , and i will wate for for some time before i buy a pa3x , this way the price will go down and in two year they will still be fixing the bugs . so if you want a bug free pa3x just wait for the pa4x . then it started again more bugs and still no software .korg is just playing us ,we got the bugs ,, the m1 has upgradeable rom for some time now ,, why not the pa3x ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: