Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos : already outdated

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioird

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Kronos : already outdated Reply with quote

Maybe Kronos will be the best choice for me.

But really, a few things could make this choice easier, especially on the user interface. I haven't tried a Kronos myself, but there are many video available where you can see the whole interface in all modes. I am disappointed by Korg on this point.

Kronos is a brand new product and capacitive touch screens are well spread (standard) and cost effective since a few years (2 at least) if you look at computers, pads and phones. To me, Korg Kronos is already outdated for its interface.

I think Korg had to work on how to integrate there synth engines into a computer (Linux). They should have worked more, they should have reached what is nowadays standard for user interfaces. Set list mode may be a beginning. The Kronos looks like Windows 3.1. We should have interfaces like those we can find on so many computers plugins : with nice graphics, big buttons, knobs and widgets.

Compared to other workstations on the market Kronos maybe OK.
But compared to what is standard technology (software and hardware) nowadays, Kronos is outdated. Korg offers old widgets based on old Linux interface. Sorry but they should work more, they had the time to put something up to date on the market.

Generally speaking, I need a keyboard today, I used to have a good choice in the 80's. This is not the same today : it looks like a keyboard will always be outdated compared to a computer + software synth based solution. Kronos is the proof that they can't catch up ? As the reliability, efficiency and workflow is getting better and better on computers, the workstations like Kronos are becoming a lesser and lesser good choice. VST/AU sounds as good if not better than Kronos nowadays. Remember it takes 2 minutes to start Kronos, a computer starts much faster.

Among keyboard manufacturers, Korg has made a very nice effort to put Kronos on this market, will it be enough compared to computer solutions, even for live ... ?

This is what I think today, I really dont know what to buy :
- Continue with computers / AU (Pianoteq, Komplete)
- Kronos
- Nord Stage 2
- wait for next stage (Kronos)
- wait for next stage (NS2)
- do nothing, try to play live with a m-audio 5 octave controler keyboard and vst / laptops
?
I would like to know if I am totally wrong ? your opinions ?

Last edited by audioird on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
dustymaestro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was fast. Very Happy
panrixx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that you have written 5 posts over 4 threads and you are basically saying the same thing each time - I apologise if I have got this wrong. I get the feeling you are 'knocking' the Kronos. Have you physically tested a Kronos yet?

Are you saying you don't like the Kronos and prefer the software solutions or are you saying you need advise on which of these two options to take?

Last edited by panrixx on Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 posts in and already your stating to sound like a troll.

Quote:
Kronos is a brand new product and capacitive touch screens are well spread (standard) and cost effective since a few years (2 at least) if you look at computers, pads and phones. To me, Korg Kronos is already outdated for its interface.

Have you played a KORG before ?

Adding a capacitive touch screen will give you no additional function over a resistive touch screen. The operating system is designed for quick instant use. Point and you have what you need. Adding Multi Touch function and expecting people to use more than one finger performing, pinching screens and so on..... err... not very practical.

Quote:
I think Korg had to work on how to integrate there synth engines into a computer (Linux). They should have worked more, they should have reached what is nowadays standard for user interfaces. Set list mode may be a beginning. The Kronos looks like Windows 3.1. We should have interfaces like those we can find on so many computers plugins : with nice graphics, big buttons, knobs and widgets.

What on earth are you taking about ?
The OS is so integrated with Linux that you can't even see Linux. As for the Kronos looking like windows 3.1 …. come on man. There's not even a hint of a desktop environment on the KRONOS.

Quote:
Compared to other workstations on the market Kronos maybe OK.
But compared to what is standard technology (software and hardware) nowadays, Kronos is outdated

It's a workstation. It's not a Studio PC / DAW.

Quote:
Korg offers old widgets based on old Linux interface.

Troll Alert....!!!!!
There is no Linux Interface in sight.....

Enough of this crap... be gone...!!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: