Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Wish List!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A direct link to Tales of the Dancing Bear with one month free subscription.
dangerousdave

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:

If anyone needs glasses it is the touchscreen programmer and designer, because they obviously cant see viewing angles... font or icon sizes! My 8c... Face palm

Sparkie, please give it a rest!

I don't have any problem with people airing their complaints about the Kronos. I don't even mind a little bit of moaning about anticipated problems by people who don't have the Kronos yet... but you are constantly going on about the screen on multiple threads.

sparkie wrote:

Yeah I know.. dont buy it and.... it is what it is...or it would have cost too much to correct.. Silenced

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

If it really bothers you, buy an angled stand.
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(1) Data wheel replacement
(2) Replacement of plywood pannel with metal case (for the 73 and 88 models)
(3) KARMA 3 + some more GEs

I know (1)+(2) are not SW updates, but are on my wishlist. Razz
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos Wish List! Reply with quote

Dany wrote:
Sequencer editing possibilities and user interface of the M3-Xpanded Sequencer.

+1
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dangerousdave wrote:

Sparkie, please give it a rest!

I don't have any problem with people airing their complaints about the Kronos. I don't even mind a little bit of moaning about anticipated problems by people who don't have the Kronos yet... but you are constantly going on about the screen on multiple threads.

Dude, I am not the only one bitchin about the screen and its angle! If you dont like my posts then dont read them..simple!

If the viewing angle, icon & font size, isnt a problem for you then thats great..as you must have tiny babysize fingers and binocular vision..I dont.

And angling the stand also angles the entire keybed also, FYI.
jahrome

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys do know that the leading Yamaha and Kurzweil keyboard workstations in the same price range also have screens that are not angled? The Fantom G, which I own, screen is angled slightly. But its not enough to make a difference. That leaves the M3......unless I am overlooking another workstation.
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dangerousdave wrote:

No. This is not a sensible advice.

When the keyboard is lying in the lower tier of a kbd stand, which is mostly the case with an 88 keys kbd, you want a horizontal keybed to play in good conditions and an angled screen for ease of view and ease of use of the touch screen.
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:
You guys do know that the leading Yamaha and Kurzweil keyboard workstations in the same price range also have screens that are not angled? The Fantom G, which I own, screen is angled slightly. But its not enough to make a difference. That leaves the M3......unless I am overlooking another workstation.

Yep you are correct.. however they arent touchscreens either. The icon and font size isnt as critical since they use physical buttons to edit...vs. using your finger to correctly hit the correct icon to make changes or edit features.

Oh yeah almost forgot, the Yamaha Tyros has an angled screen..
jahrome

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
jahrome wrote:

Yep you are correct.. however they arent touchscreens either. The icon and font size isnt as critical since they use physical buttons to edit...vs. using your finger to correctly hit the correct icon to make changes or edit features.

Oh yeah almost forgot, the Yamaha Tyros has an angled screen..

I feel you. I would prefer adjustable screens but the Kronos really isn't that bad at all. From my limited experience with Kronos, I use my fingers or most frequently a stylus to select any given parameter...then use the value slider, data wheel, or the number keys as well as a whole host of sliders and knobs you can use depending on which menu you are in. The other workstations I mentioned have data wheel and cursor keys to click around a screen.

I find Kronos as easy was working on my Fantom. Plus I get quite a few tools I have been complaining for the past 3 years about....my two cents.

But I find anyone bothered by small font and really want this keyboard to respectfully petition Korg to see if it is feasible to implement larger font or a way to adjust the view to zoom in.
dangerousdave

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:

Dude, I am not the only one bitchin about the screen and its angle! If you dont like my posts then dont read them..simple!

No, but you are the only one who keeps going on about it ad nauseum on multiple threads. I'm not saying you can't have a moan, but there's no need to fill the forums with it.

sparkie wrote:

And angling the stand also angles the entire keybed also, FYI.

EXer wrote:

When the keyboard is lying in the lower tier of a kbd stand, which is mostly the case with an 88 keys kbd, you want a horizontal keybed to play in good conditions and an angled screen for ease of view and ease of use of the touch screen.

Like I said, "If it really bothers you..."

We all decide our setup based on the things that are important to us. If screen angle is so important to sparkie that he thinks it merits repeatedly commenting on multiple threads, he should reconsider his setup. There are other options - they may be a trade-off in other areas, but that's the way it is unless you can afford a custom design. Again, we're all entitled to complain a bit about the trade-offs, but it gets wearing when the same person keeps repeating the same complaints on different threads.
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dangerousdave wrote:

Like I said, "If it really bothers you..."

We all decide our setup based on the things that are important to us. If screen angle is so important to sparkie that he thinks it merits repeatedly commenting on multiple threads, he should reconsider his setup. There are other options - they may be a trade-off in other areas, but that's the way it is unless you can afford a custom design. Again, we're all entitled to complain a bit about the trade-offs, but it gets wearing when the same person keeps repeating the same complaints on different threads.

Have you considered running for Political Office??

Would it be OK with you Governor if I complain about the high gasoline prices then??

Whats up with your name anyway?? Dangerous-Dave?? Do you juggle TNT Sticks or something? Shocked
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:
You guys do know that the leading Yamaha and Kurzweil keyboard workstations in the same price range also have screens that are not angled?

PC3/K's display is angled slightly (enough, I'd say). Perhaps a better word is recessed at an angle into the board. Clearly seen:

If Kronos had this angle it would've been much, much better.
jahrome

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. Didn't notice that. Then the Motif XF falls in the same boat. But like the Fantom, do they provide any significant improvement to what you can see as oppose to Kronos' design?
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:
Fair enough. Didn't notice that. Then the Motif XF falls in the same boat. But like the Fantom, do they provide any significant improvement to what you can see as oppose to Kronos' design?

Jog wheel doesn't fall off easily?
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
jahrome

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
jahrome wrote:
You guys do know that the leading Yamaha and Kurzweil keyboard workstations in the same price range also have screens that are not angled?

PC3/K's display is angled slightly (enough, I'd say). Perhaps a better word is recessed at an angle into the board. Clearly seen:

If Kronos had this angle it would've been much, much better.

By the way...the Kronos is also "recessed".....or angled...not too different than all the models mentioned. When I was talking about angled, I was talking in terms of the OASYS or even M3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 2 of 50

Jump to: