Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SYSTEM error (how do I fix it?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZTI7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: SYSTEM error (how do I fix it?) Reply with quote

My Korg TRITON will not work it failed a week ago. I need help to find the error code manual so I can diagnose the problem.

When I turn it on, the logo screen comes on and it says TRITON and the memory amount is for 2 extension pieces of 16mb, and the operating system is 2.5.3 and this is all normal, but then after a few second the logo screen remains on and also the following information appears on top of the TRITON logo:

SYSTEM ERROR

TYPE: 0xFFFFFFF0
CODE: 0x000000009
INFO 1: 0x0041CAEC
DATA IS: 0x655D3567 at 0x0041CAEC
INFO 2: 0x00000000
CURRENT TASK ID: 0

It freezes and is stuck and wont do anything when it shows this info, It would let me load disks by turning on the TRITON and holding down the enter and locate buttons, so i reloaded the operating system successfully 2 times, the 2.5.3, but it did not fix the problem.

I noticed a problem starting a few months ago when I bought it from ebay, it would take a long time trying to save into internal memory like when saving a template. So I would turn it off and then turn back on and it would only show the sign that would still be on "writing to internal memory" I would turn off and on and that would still be there several times. Until this one day the problem escalated to this.

Can someone please advise me? I took it apart and examined it and there are no loose wires, there are no signs of damage, I cant see any bad chips either.

Is it a software problem? Can I load a disk and fix the software, I hope so that would be easy because the only thing I know how to do with it now is load disks, if there are other procedures like holding buttons down and programing it then please tell me.

I noticed that it would erase saved info and it would have a lot of sounds missing and some sounds were named several times.

I dont know the history of this unit because I bought it used.

thanks
Danny
please leave some information here

i will gladly return the favor.....
Synastikki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well first of all you never should turn the keyboard off when it is writing something to memory...

but otherwise I really don't know what is wrong... authorized repair center would be my suggestion to go for...
ZTI7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: my reply to the last post Reply with quote

Well, I turned it off because it was stuck for 12 hours in the same action of saving... so really I had no choice but to turn it off and hoped doing so would prevent further problems.

thanks for your help, but I need to know more information
bambus14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i having same problem korg freeze and show me some internal code error on the screen. Do you anybody known whats that mean? and how much cost repair this at korg service?
....i check up system with keys on start up, test bypass midi and test ok, with midi ports - check system error occured...not sure whats exatctly it is. If some midi, or crack ram...please any help. THX
zen zen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have exacly the same problem,i am waiting 4 any solution
thnx.
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you guys figure it out yet?

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
srkiboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all....turn off triton...press and hold ENTER 0 (zero)..HOLD AND TURN ON KEYBOARD..that is system resset..and after u need to load ur pcg file
moroni777

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: System Errors Triton Classic & Studio Reply with quote

Hi fellow Tritonians.....

My Triton Studio is giving me "System errors" and "Memory verify error",

and the "Battery IC calendar" message,

I have tried everything from reset ENTER + 0 etc....Still the same.

However in the Internal Diagnostic Mode ENTER + 5, i was getting Memory Error... so my guess is the Internal Memory is corrupted not the Ram. so my TS will be visiting a Korg Service Center for repair- no other option.. Sad

HDD was also changed as a source of elimination.. still the same faults..

Hope that can give light to someone?
Other solutions and fixes will be welcomed..

Cheers Dave

Triton Studio 76, Triton Pro, Triton 61, Triton Rack, X3, X3R, MS2000R, Trinity HDR, Novation Supernova 2 Rack, KS Rack, Roland JP8000, JP8080, JD800, Nord Lead 3 and Yamaha Vintage stuff...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: