Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA800 is producing noise
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motor30

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahidw wrote:
Thanks, I did but the noise is still there it is getting worst every day.
I think the 64mb ram or memory got damage some how , because it dose only withe USER Drums and sound.
can I buy ram and change it or not?
Any advice please.
Thanks

before doing anything, reformat and reset to the factory level first...as you admitted above, the problem is in ur user drum and samples...possibly they are originated from other keyboards (pa 80)...that's the problem!...get rid of them and use samples originated from the same keyboard and the same os version...good luck!
sanalc

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine boots fine. The noise is there always. That means as soon as I press any key I can hear the noise with the tone. Its very bad with violin and string instruments They keyboard is not in usable state now.

I had read about reloading the initial OS 1.01. I have loaded it from CD. It still have the same issue. Someone said it as sample RAM problem. Not sure exactly which is sample RAM. There is a socket on the motherboard which looks similar to laptop SDRAM. But thats the memory for Bank1. Bank0 is on board. There are a couple of more RAM on the motherboard. I am not sure what is t used for. Must be the boot memory and OS memory, but they are all soldered on the board. There is a 64 MB RAM also on the motherboard. Thats manufactured by Samsung. I assume this is the sample RAM. Any idea which will be the memory that is faulty? I am happy if Korg send me the correct part. I can do all electronic stuffs myself.

Anyone has idea if the problem is from the RAM itself or is it from the Audio board? Appreciate a reply.

Hope this is too technical. But I wanted some technical answer. Or if Korg can tell me exactly how much they will charge, I can send the keyboard for service to Korg centre in UK.

Since lots of people are having same/similar problem Korg should atleast contact the owners of the faulty model and give them a fault free replacement. I have seen many sites/forums saying same noise issue for the keyboard. www.korgpa.com says about sample RAM issue with PA800. So Korg is aware of this and is keeping quiet.
korgich

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The noise is back Sad . For almost a year the board was ok. I remember leaving the board on for 4 or 5 hours. Until the noise mysteriously stopped. Two weeks ago it started again. After an hour of plating first it crackles a bit than that hissing, white noise starts at full volume. The MIC LED flickers with the noise. I think it has to do something with the inputs. The noise is there regardless if something is connected to the inputs or not. I did all kinds of resetting, reformatting, new sets, original sets you name it Smile . It doesn't matter if i play samples or not. I think it's definitely hardware problem. The noise is on all outputs and speakers. If i turn the speakers off in global than noise stops on the speakers. Did anyone have the exact same problem.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had same siptopms when i had my pa800.... and it cost me over 400euros.... replacing mainboard and ram memory...
tony1946

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: ?? Reply with quote

Mais !! finalement !! c'est quoi !! la panne de ce problème merci Question Question
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korgich wrote:
The noise is back Sad . For almost a year the board was ok. I remember leaving the board on for 4 or 5 hours. Until the noise mysteriously stopped. Two weeks ago it started again. After an hour of plating first it crackles a bit than that hissing, white noise starts at full volume. The MIC LED flickers with the noise. I think it has to do something with the inputs. The noise is there regardless if something is connected to the inputs or not. I did all kinds of resetting, reformatting, new sets, original sets you name it Smile . It doesn't matter if i play samples or not. I think it's definitely hardware problem. The noise is on all outputs and speakers. If i turn the speakers off in global than noise stops on the speakers. Did anyone have the exact same problem.

Did you try another outlet in another room?

Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korgich wrote:

Sounds like a intermittent connection in a connector or a cold solder joint.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Atash_sozan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahidw wrote:
Thanks, I did but the noise is still there it is getting worst every day.
I think the 64mb ram or memory got damage some how , because it dose only withe USER Drums and sound.
can I buy ram and change it or not?
Any advice please.
Thanks

Hi Wahidw !
I had the same problem a few months ago. My KB is out of warranty ,so I wanted to order the 64 MB Ram from emnordic (Korg Scandinavian) they told me that I can´t order the spare part as a private person and I should send my Kb by my nearest music center or korg distributor, in this case I should pay for service and spare part.
I ordered the 256MB RAM instead of 64MB from musitronics.de and I opened my KB and changed the RAM according to the instructions. Now I am out of problem and have 256MB RAM. Smile
tonsy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same problem..it starts when i load a pa80 userDK from my friend and play the style that use that drum..it sounds "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"...when i checked the userDK i found that some of drum sounds have "63 decay "..so i minimize them to 0-15...that zzzzz sound is gone..what i dont understand is that userDK works fine on pa80 but not on pa2x..the decay is changed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
korgich

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assyrianpianist wrote:

Did you try another outlet in another room?

Yes i did. Different apartments, buildings and cities Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
korgich

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:
korgich wrote:

Sounds like a intermittent connection in a connector or a cold solder joint.

I agree. Does anyone knows any place that sells pa800 parts. I found one website that sells the Main Board but not the audio board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: