Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone actually had their hands...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are one or two places on the Planet where Jordan Rudess doesn't talk.

This is one of them.

Shall we please enjoy this privilege?
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aarghhh! He's a talented keyboard player, but his demos seem to be paid on a note basis! Let's hope his posts here won't contain more than 10,000 words each
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billbaker wrote:
Peter -

Pardon my vernacular.

People who get paid to say Kronos is the greatest thing since the invention of fire may actually believe it's true, but because they're being paid there's just a tinge of doubt.

My intention was not to tick off people who have a job that, frankly, I'd love.

If you're one of them, or just sympathetically vibrating with perceived insult, I apologize to you, too.

But the question is legit.

BB

I am 58, Bill, and a get the facts person when it comes to my business & income.

I, like others, are funding their Kronos purchase by selling off parts of their rig. And this selling process is not easy, as the M3M, XS7 and Extreme and
Rd700GX1 are great boards.

I see a rare opportunity to have the best sounds/features under 1 hood(Kronos), so to speak, and to greatly simplify how I use programs, combis, set lists, midi routings, etc, etc. Any omissions( or prefs) of an instrument can be handled by samples.

There are also some used market economics to consider. Simply, more used stuff ( workstations, etc, more than 2 years old) placed on eBay, etc , is going to reduce the price of the used items. IMO, time is not on your side if you are contemplating selling off parts of your rig. Conversely, buyers are getting great bargains on high quality w/s.

Like many other regulars on this forum, we have been loyal to Korg
for over a decade. I have not been disappointed by Korg in any way.

I am not trying to change your mind. An analogy is that there is a great party going on, and I would prefer to get their early.
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg -

I am indeed looking at selling much of my gear to get a Kronos - but it is as much a space issue as an economic, or esthetic one for me. I'll have the Kronos, plus Triton Extreme 88 and maybe one other board - selling most everything else except some rack synths... the DX7II's gonna go, as are my Trin-pro, Triton Classic pro, Karma, and others (all covered by Kronos' synth engines).

I don't expect to make much on any of my old gear - at most a half to a third of what I paid, but as a professional musician under US tax code most of it is written off to $zero anyway. I am however selling off enough pieces so even a biggish dip in the e-market won't hurt me badly - I think I've been pretty realistic in setting my prices and I've got enough stuff such that not making top dollar won't keep me from getting what I want. I also have some scratch set aside for new gear anyway - so selling is not a condition of getting a Kronos.

Also, I'd much rather sell to someone who's going to be enthusiastic about it as I was when I first bought it.

I can't think of a better time to be a keyboard playin' musician looking for bargains than on or about the release date of Kronos. [Personally, I think the market for rack-version Yamaha and Roland gear may actually go up because of it.]

I wonder if Korg is prepared for NONE of their other gear to sell because everything they've ever made / sold is gonna be back on the used gear market.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
ozy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXer wrote:
Aarghhh! He's a talented keyboard player, but his demos seem to be paid on a note basis! Let's hope his posts here won't contain more than 10,000 words each

that's not the problem.

The problem is, if he even manages to cut it short to 2000 words, they will be 2000 words A MINUTE!

Youngster here don't realize that, after the 4 or 5 "alcyon years" of Wakeman and Emerson,

people stopped listening to keyboard wizards for 10 years, and turned to boy bands.

After Rudess peaks off, we'll probably have 10 years of "slow keys" cult,

or a return to Punk Shocked

Better yet: lack of one or more fingers will be a sign of distinction [finally some pause!]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: