Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A bunch of newbie questions...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoardgameBaker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: A bunch of newbie questions... Reply with quote

Hi all!

New to the forum. Just got my SV-1. A few questions.

1) Is valve breaking common? Should I buy a few a keep them in store? Does anyone know how much they cost?

2) Soundpacks. Do the new sounds replace the old presets or are they just assignable to the "favorite" buttons?

3) Expression pedal. Thinking about getting one. Does it swap automatically between wah and volume function or is there a manual setting of some kind?

4) Can the volume levels of each sound be altered in the editor without "destroying" the sound?

Thanks in advance!
mackbaz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) As far as I have heard the valve is pretty solid. I've not heard of anyone's going out yet. I wouldn't worry about having backups. As I understand it is something that needs to be replaced by a repair technician.

2.) The soundpacks (if not altered) do replace current sounds, but you can map each individual sound bank including the favorites. I have a mix from all three packs (original, 1 and 2). After you get what you want you can save it as your own sound pack.

3.)Not sure, because I don't have one. Sad

4.) Volume can be altered without destroying sound. I've done it for my organs so I don't blow the bottom end of my cheap monitors.
BoardgameBaker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mackbaz!
Cyril&Albie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3) Get one! I have one and its lovely. It swaps automatically between Wah and Volume when you switch the Auto/Pedal button on when you have Vox Wah selected in the Pre-FX Smile
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why people fret over the Valve,its the same with any component,it could fail at any time or it could last you for years.If you have any reservations then buy another device.

I have a Triton Extreme,used daily since owned new in 2005,the valve still works perfectly and I have gigged relentlessly with it since then.

the SV is the second Korg device I bought with a valve and I have no reservations of its longevity whatsoever,

The same with anything you buy Electrical its the luck of the draw if it gives a lifetime of hassle free use or it gives you issues.

Certainly part of the decision in me buying so much Korg equipment over the years is the reliability I have gained from everything bought new,and I have bought about 58 Korg devices since 1989.

I have never had to have any repairs from faulty components in any Korg synth neither has anything ever failed mechanically so entrust the SV to be no less Quality or reliability just because its made in China
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: