Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

have 3 or 4 thousand units ready as of release?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miggz McFly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAMM is big, but for a product this big, you still need a lot of time to setup your dealer channels. Its not like you can announce a keyboard and start selling it from your front yard. You have to coordinate a whole heap of shieetttt
axxim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
Wouldn't it be funny (sad, I know) if all of us dumped our gear for the KRONOS then Korg decided to not manufacture it? The original OASYS was announced and never sold.

Think about THAT while you're selling your gear! Wink

-Mc

Evil or Very Mad I'm bad... Twisted Evil

Or just think the ship with the first 5000 preordered charge gets hijacked by the pirates in Somalia

Evil or Very Mad I'm bad 2... Twisted Evil
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyi18932rUoHqUTEpsykkIg
jemkeys25

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they just do the same thing they've been doing for decades, it's not like they just went into business yesterday, the boards just aren't ready yet.
kday

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:

Believe it or not, the customers of MI companies are the dealers. NAMM is an MI industry trade show not open to the public (for the first time they added an open day on the final day).

Are you serious?????????????????????????????????????????????????

They actually added an open day on the final day?

About three months ago after I found out I couldn't get any namm tickets I wrote namm directly in a big email letter, I threw every consumer trick and merchant idea known to man at them, about adding an open day on the last day. I told them that the music industry needs the excitement on a consumer spending level. I told consumers want to spend their money and seeing the products first hand and getting excitement instead of having to wait many months and near a year to see a product being shown now. I told them the economy is suffering and musical instrument companies needs the consumer and they shut the the very people they try to sell their products to out of the excitement that could change the whole landscape of buying. I told them that many people lose interest, spend their money, never know about many products that come through namm because they can't get in on the excitement and that they should let their perspective customers in on the show so it could generate more excitement and interest in new products instead of waiting to hear about products many months to a year later when they would have forgot or didn't know about or spent their money after losing interest. I threw the kitchen sink at the Namm folks, but I didn't think they would even read the email, but evidently they decided to try it. I hope they continue the tradition of letting the general public see this stuff companies are trying to sell, at least on the last day where it could only help the whole industry generate the excitement needed to revive or keep the market going strong instead of trying to hide the stuff away from the public and sneak it into music stores.

With a lot of musical instruments they show at namm, I never know about them until I happen to walk into the music store. If I could go to namm I think i would spend more lot more money on equipment. Because namm would always keep me excited from hands on about something that a guarantee.

Well maybe next year when Roland announce their next set of synths and products they might do the same thing on the last day.
SpIdErWeB

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For instance, MusikMesse Music Trade Show in Frankfurt, Germany is open to public the last day...

Phil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: