Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which VSTi's are you using mostly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Virtual Soft Synths, and Plug’ins.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Which VSTi's are you using mostly? Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Just wanted to start a different topic to check out the most popular VSTi's so we can share some knowledge and exchange information about VSTi's that sound good and can be used to get "that sound" you're looking for.

In no particular order, I'm using:

- Korg Legacy Collection - enormous amount of awesome sounds
- EW Pianos Gold, Strings and Choirs - I dislike every single PLAY-based product as PLAY is buggy and really sucks
- Arturia Analog Factory - surprisingly good sounds
- Spectrasonics Omnisphere - very, very good all-around library
- NI Komplete - I like some Massive sounds and some others
- playing around with Sylenth lately
- some Ivory, some Galaxy

I also like some of the sounds that come with Logic and use Mainstage extensively lately. Works very, very good actually. Very nice to layer sounds and make a soundset that you can use in a studio and/or live.

Do you have any other special VSTI's that you like using?
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you're definitely packing quite the sonic palette there.

I mainly stick to NI stuff but will dabble around the presets in
HalionOne. I often program Steven Slate Drums through Kontakt and will open up an instance of Reaktor to run Carbon 2 exclusively. Kore is also really fun to play around with because of the morph function.

What do you think of Carbon 2? The lack of panning is a bit odd (though the delay and pitch shift are stereo effects) But the filter types (prophet 5 filter ftw) and pre and post filter effects are top notch. Not to mention you can set the sync and phase of each oscillator individually. And the melodic Unison function is one of the coolest features I've ever heard on a synth. Definitely a very programmable synth that not many people know about or utilize Smile Makes me feel exclusive
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just NI Reaktor 5.5.

I've played with the Korg Legacy collection and I'm particularly impressed with the MS-20 and wavestation, but I keep holding off on that because I don't really rely on softsynths.

I bring it all together in Cubase or Ableton.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CharlesFerraro wrote:

What do you think of Carbon 2? The lack of panning is a bit odd (though the delay and pitch shift are stereo effects) But the filter types (prophet 5 filter ftw) and pre and post filter effects are top notch. Not to mention you can set the sync and phase of each oscillator individually. And the melodic Unison function is one of the coolest features I've ever heard on a synth. Definitely a very programmable synth that not many people know about or utilize Smile Makes me feel exclusive

I didn't try Carbon 2, but I will. Precisely the reason why I started this thread, to see if I'm missing any cool VSTi's that have cool sounds and options Smile Sounds cool, though!
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
just NI Reaktor 5.5.
I've played with the Korg Legacy collection and I'm particularly impressed with the MS-20 and wavestation, but I keep holding off on that because I don't really rely on softsynths.

Well, I'm not about to preach here, but why not? At least for home purposes and recording, I see them as being fun and pretty versatile. They can also be very misleading and make you waste a lot of time. But when you get to know them, it's easy. Just like any other keyboard Smile

Lennar Digital Sylenth is one hell of a cool synth, for example. Goes very well with KLC. Smile Try it out Smile
Naviára

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I'm using most:

for natural instruments:

- EW Play-Libraries (beside Darkside and Hollywoodstrings I own all of them) - Play is a pain, but it's working okay here...

- Virus Powercore to add the special Virus sound

effects:

UAD-1 effects (Fairchild, Pultec Pro & Cambrige EQ) and Powercore effects (MasterX5, TC-channelstrip, character and sometimes the restauration suite) - for reverb I used Wizooverb W2 for a long time, now QL Spaces

greetings
A.
Korg gear: Triton Extreme 61 MOSS / OASYS 88 #1722

http://soundcloud.com/anthony-walters
http://www.naviara.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Virtual Soft Synths, and Plug’ins. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: