Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is 3D the future of photography ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Photography and Graphic Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Is 3D the future of photography ? Reply with quote

Hi all.

Up until now 3D images required that the person viewing the images had to wear glasses but this year saw some of the biggest announcements 3D has every had. There are TV's, Monitors and even ink jet printers on the way that allow you to see 3D images """without""" any Glasses and it's happening right now.

In 4 Weeks time you can walk into a Camera Shop and you will be able to buy the new Fuji 3D Camera. This camera will have a true 3D screen (no glasses required) and they are even producing a digital photo-frame for it to have around your house. To top things off you can even have your images printed in 3D by Fuji. They are also planning on releasing a 3D printer early next year so you can do the printing yourself at home.

4 of major camera developers are all working on 3D camera right now, and there's even an array of 3D displays coming to mobile phones very soon.

Heck, even BSKYB - Sky Digital just announced they are launching a channel early next year (free to SKY HD users) which will be entirely for the range of 3D TV's being released now and over the next few months.

The first commercially available digital camera was released in 1991 and it changed the world of photography forever. It was only then did we have the technology to kill off film photography and it's only now do we have the technology to go true 3D. I can really see this taking off in a big way.

Image linked from http://stuff.tv/

Image linked from http://stuff.tv/

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/3d/camera/finepix_real3dw1/

Regards
Sharp
jpq

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think is fashion thing not something which stays popular long time for most of users. Also i hope not becouse i think basic thing is most important and technical facts often overdrivers how good picture really is and i talk something what is hard describe using words.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd like to see improved dynamic range over this silly '3d' nonsense.

3D is a good idea but I don't think its ready yet and pricing will mean it won't be mainstream for a number of years yet.

AND, these glasses-less technologies are okay but the more dedicated 3D technologies still offer far superior results. Perhaps if everyone were given polarising contact lenses at birth...! imagine advertisments on the street and such. But its not as practical as the potential for holographic displays or just plain flat screens.

I think it is very important that a media is accessible and there are just too many barriers to it at the moment.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Photography and Graphic Design All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: