Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is SV-1 keybed good enough?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tremens

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: is SV-1 keybed good enough? Reply with quote

for playing piano pieces? I heard some opinions it's not fast enough for quick notes repetition.

Hi,
I just thinking about switching from RD700GX to SV-1, obviously the RD has excellent keybed and action hence my hesitations but regarding the sound I like the korg sound better, especially the EP's. The other compelling factor is the compact size and weight of SV-1 73 keys version since I'm doing some traveling currently.

thanks
mackbaz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a keyboard expert, but I love playing classical piano and I really don't see any more variation than you do amongst different brands of acoustics. Its a preference.

For instance, I heard people praise the fp-4 for its sound and action. I was going to buy it, but I went to test it out and couldn't stand the shallow light action. I like the korg because you can really fall into it. I would suggest testing it out at a local seller.
tremens

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mackbaz wrote:
I'm not a keyboard expert, but I love playing classical piano and I really don't see any more variation than you do amongst different brands of acoustics. Its a preference.

For instance, I heard people praise the fp-4 for its sound and action. I was going to buy it, but I went to test it out and couldn't stand the shallow light action. I like the korg because you can really fall into it. I would suggest testing it out at a local seller.

you're right, with keybed is like with a girlfriend - all depends on preferences Very Happy
KidBomba

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried many keyboards, I wanted a nice hammer feel and Korg won me with their RH3.

But then again, its all up to you. You cant go for what other people say. I've had horrible experiences with other keyboars that other folk seem to really enjoy.

Best is to go to the store and try it out yourself.
Rodney

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KidBomba wrote:
I tried many keyboards, I wanted a nice hammer feel and Korg won me with their RH3.

But then again, its all up to you. You cant go for what other people say. I've had horrible experiences with other keyboars that other folk seem to really enjoy.

Best is to go to the store and try it out yourself.

While the SV-1 is great -- absolutely great fun -- for electric pianos, I (strangely enough) prefer the much cheaper SP-250 for acoustic pianos. There's a lot less you can do with the sound, but honestly, for acoustic pianos, there's not much you need to do.

My problems with the SV-1 are that when you're playing at a pretty normal level, there's not much headroom for playing selected notes louder. You press the keys firmly to bring out your melody, and there's just not much more there. On the SP-250, when you play really hard, you get really loud notes. On my SV-1 I've experimented all over with touch sensitivity, the limiters, etc., and can't get that basic acoustic piano behavior with the acoustic piano sounds.

Do yourself a huge favor and try these keyboards at a store before buying one. Listen through headphones, and if possible, through an amp similar to the one you'll be using.
daviebhoy85

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RH3 action is the closest to an acoustic piano I've tried. I thought the Rolands had some great sounds but a very poor action.

I work in a shop which sells digital pianos and tend to find that most people who learned on acoustic pianos love the RH3 keybed, but alot of people who grew up playing keyboard prefer Rolands, as the action is much lighter.
Plus, I think Roland pianos are WAY overpriced!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: