Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying pa3x

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronnymusic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Buying pa3x Reply with quote

Is there any website I can order Pa3x from? Smile

It doesn't matter if I have to order from the US, but I live in norway. So there has to be any shipping possibility.

Regards,
Ronny
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronny,

I don't think the keyboards have been shipped yet but you can pre-order the 61 key version from gg digital. They offer next day delivery to the UK and Europe. This is the only UK based website that has listed the price for the Pa3x so personally I would wait a few days and see what price the other sites can offer. Good luck.

Emma
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepperpotty wrote:
Hi Ronny,

I don't think the keyboards have been shipped yet but you can pre-order the 61 key version from gg digital. They offer next day delivery to the UK and Europe. This is the only UK based website that has listed the price for the Pa3x so personally I would wait a few days and see what price the other sites can offer. Good luck.

Emma

Hi Emma, I think the price quoted £2889 for the pa3x-61 is not realistic as compared to pa800 that it is replacing. My guess, a realistic RRP in the UK would be more like £2499 and then some Discount leeway... I guess we shall see but certainly worth waiting for a general release Smile
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be very careful before you jump in...

Read ALL the fine print on EXACTLY what has changed.

Don't forget there are already DNC on the PA2, AND you can edit your own.
None of the actual operations have changed...A few more factory styles, that really are only worked over versions of existing with a new name.

I bet with a little bit of work anyone could get a PA2 to sound EXACTLY the same as the PA3.

The guitar mode has not been changed to allow user to use it LIVE, nor to use it in anything by style creation. Guitar Mode two, probably only has a few more chordal options. Thats about it I reckon.

It really looks like Korg have finally succumbed to the Yamaha business model.

Make users PAY good hard cash for small insignificant upgrades!! BY forcing them to buy new hardware.

I bet right now that NONE of anything that is in the PA3 will trickle to the PA2. No, they are FORCING Korgies to buy a new keyboard.

For example the Chord Sequencer could EASILY be added to the PA2, we have assignable buttons, and the rest is only software. There is still space in the factory SSD to write additional OS updates.

The PA2 is now high and dry, as is the Yamaha Tyros 3...

Of course I could be wrong, and we will only REALLY know this when the manual is released, but I seriously advise folks to pre-order NOTHING!!

Dennis
Ronnymusic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miden wrote:
Be very careful before you jump in...

Read ALL the fine print on EXACTLY what has changed.

Don't forget there are already DNC on the PA2, AND you can edit your own.
None of the actual operations have changed...A few more factory styles, that really are only worked over versions of existing with a new name.

I bet with a little bit of work anyone could get a PA2 to sound EXACTLY the same as the PA3.

The guitar mode has not been changed to allow user to use it LIVE, nor to use it in anything by style creation. Guitar Mode two, probably only has a few more chordal options. Thats about it I reckon.

It really looks like Korg have finally succumbed to the Yamaha business model.

Make users PAY good hard cash for small insignificant upgrades!! BY forcing them to buy new hardware.

I bet right now that NONE of anything that is in the PA3 will trickle to the PA2. No, they are FORCING Korgies to buy a new keyboard.

For example the Chord Sequencer could EASILY be added to the PA2, we have assignable buttons, and the rest is only software. There is still space in the factory SSD to write additional OS updates.

The PA2 is now high and dry, as is the Yamaha Tyros 3...

Of course I could be wrong, and we will only REALLY know this when the manual is released, but I seriously advise folks to pre-order NOTHING!!

Dennis

Thank you Miden for your great comment, however you are right to a certain point. But you must remember that Korg will start to update this keyboard more than they did past, I read it somewhere (I dont remember where) Idea ... however I just sold my keyboard (10 min ago) for exactly 3244,59 USD.
Do you think I just did a great mistake? Sad
Because I feal already that I miss my heart of music.
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrniceneasy wrote:
Pepperpotty wrote:
Hi Ronny,

Emma

Hi Emma, I think the price quoted £2889 for the pa3x-61 is not realistic as compared to pa800 that it is replacing. My guess, a realistic RRP in the UK would be more like £2499 and then some Discount leeway... I guess we shall see but certainly worth waiting for a general release Smile

Hi Keith,

I'd be happier if it did start at £2499, but they're still selling the pa2x pro at that price so it's unlikely. Although if they did decide to debut the pa3x at £2499 then they'd have to dramatically reduce the price of the pa2x so I'd just buy one of those. Although I'm already in love with the pa3x, could I really justify spending an additional £500 or so just for some extra mic effects?

Emma
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Emma, I'm basing the price of pa3x-61 on the now much lower price of pa800 which can be bought new at £1577. pa3x-76 might be set a few hundred pounds more but having said that pa2x can now be bought retail at just over £2200.
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith,

Yes the price of the pa800 is much lower but that is because it is one of Korg's mid range arrangers, where as the pa2/3x are their top of the range flagship arrangers.

Emma
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepperpotty wrote:
Hi Keith,

Yes the price of the pa800 is much lower but that is because it is one of Korg's mid range arrangers, where as the pa2/3x are their top of the range flagship arrangers.
Emma

Hi Emma, I would hardly call pa800 mid range. It took over from the pa80 which was the flagship Arranger of the time. I would call pa500 mid range. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: