Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transposing Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moecito

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Transposing Problem Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I own a KORG M3rack and I'm finding problems to with the transpose function. I always play with a "-2" value and now, when I put that information, nothing happens. I'm using Yamaha P90 as master keyboard. I've also used an M-Audio and in that case I had to transpose the keyboard to make it work. But now, with the Yamaha this is no longer working. I've transposed both keyboard and the M3, and it's not working.

Any solutions?
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Transposing Problem Reply with quote

Moecito wrote:
I own a KORG M3rack and I'm finding problems to with the transpose function. I always play with a "-2" value and now, when I put that information, nothing happens. I'm using Yamaha P90 as master keyboard. I've also used an M-Audio and in that case I had to transpose the keyboard to make it work. But now, with the Yamaha this is no longer working. I've transposed both keyboard and the M3, and it's not working.

1) Which transposing you mean - semitones or octaves?
2) Using M3M I suggest make all transpose settings on master keyboard, not on M3. Master keyboard must send MIDI on M3 global channel and if master is transposed, then M3M reacts properly. So when you press C on master and it is transposed -2 semitones, it sends Bb over MIDI and M3 plays that.

I use M3 module often with master keyboard and all transposing works as expected. I use Korg Pa2x as a master.
Moecito

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Transposing Problem Reply with quote

I'm meaning semitones. I've already done that. I've set -2 semitones on my master keyboard and it's not working either... Is there anyway to indicate the M3 that all MIDI messages taken from the master keyboard are the ones it has to follow?
alland wrote:
Moecito wrote:

1) Which transposing you mean - semitones or octaves?
2) Using M3M I suggest make all transpose settings on master keyboard, not on M3. Master keyboard must send MIDI on M3 global channel and if master is transposed, then M3M reacts properly. So when you press C on master and it is transposed -2 semitones, it sends Bb over MIDI and M3 plays that.

I use M3 module often with master keyboard and all transposing works as expected. I use Korg Pa2x as a master.

alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Transposing Problem Reply with quote

Moecito wrote:
I've set -2 semitones on my master keyboard and it's not working either...

Define "it's not working either..." please.
Does M3M sound that you play on master KB? Plays but not transposed even while master kb is set to "-2"?
Moecito

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Transposing Problem Reply with quote

I'll try to explain myself better.

The M3 module is set on "Transposition: -2". But when I play C, it sounds C, not Bb. So, I've tried by setting my keyboard transposition on -2, but it doesn't work at all. When I play, the sound comes from the M3, but the transposition is not working either if I set it on the module nor if I do it on the KB.

I've also changed the midi cable and put both In & Out cables (expecting a message from M3 to the keyboard to be sent), and tried it with new cables... I don't know what else to do...

alland wrote:
Moecito wrote:
I've set -2 semitones on my master keyboard and it's not working either...

Define "it's not working either..." please.
Does M3M sound that you play on master KB? Plays but not transposed even while master kb is set to "-2"?

alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know your master Kb, but how did you set transpose "-2" on M3?
Did you do that on Global page?
cminor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In which Mode?
In combi you should go to Page Select > Tibre Parameter > Pith 1-8 / 9-16 and increase / decrease as much as you want Wink
Moecito

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Global Mode I've set -2 on the transposition option. I'm not working with this kind of transposition on the Combi mode.

My KB is a Yamaha P90, a digital piano. It has a direct button to transpose
http://www.stevesrants.co.uk/yamahap90/

cminor wrote:
In which Mode?
In combi you should go to Page Select > Tibre Parameter > Pith 1-8 / 9-16 and increase / decrease as much as you want Wink

Moecito

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOUND! Damn, after almost half a year of owning the M3 rack module, I've finally found the problem. There's a parameter on the Global Mode (MIDI Page) that indicate when to apply the changes to the received information, before or after (at least that's what I understand about this parameter). It was set on Pre-received and I've changed it to Post-received. Once changed this, and suddenly everything started to work!

Thanks you all guys for helping me with this problems that, really was driving me nuts...

Moecito wrote:
On the Global Mode I've set -2 on the transposition option. I'm not working with this kind of transposition on the Combi mode.

My KB is a Yamaha P90, a digital piano. It has a direct button to transpose
http://www.stevesrants.co.uk/yamahap90/

cminor wrote:
In which Mode?

garyj

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

I just discovered that I had the same setting issue preventing transpose, and your post saved me 1/2 year of trying to figure it out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: