Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inability to record what I'm playing through USB?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jampaq

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Inability to record what I'm playing through USB? Reply with quote

Just got my SV188 (love it), but can't seem to simply plug in through USB and have my music software record what I'm playing. It seems to send MIDI signals ok (I can control software instruments no problem), but the computer won't recognize the SV1 as an actual instrument to record on its own.

I can record what I'm playing as midi data, and the computer will save the data of what i'm playing, but can then only play it back through the SV1.

Or am I way off and is this not even possible to do through the USB?

All i want to do is hook it up and record the SV1 sounds I'm playing--maybe that's only possible through the XLR or quarter inch outputs?

Many thanks for help; I simply couldn't quite find the answers in the manual or elsewhere
agerhbour

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the USB is only for midi.
So like you say, you'll have to do it through XLR or the quarter inch ouputs.

Infact I'm adamant that the USB is only for midi, due to the nature of recording on PCs and the fact that its never done through, unless of course there's some other interface behind it.
Siriosys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, MIDI only,

If you want Audio, as said above, you'll need to use the Audio outs on the back of the keyboard.

FWIW, I connect my SV1 to an Apogee Duet via it's XLR connectors and am getting incredibly good results. Well impressed!

Regards

Rob
MBPro
Jampaq

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, lads. Much appreciated--I do actually have a M-audio Firewire 1814 interface, but as I just moved I was hoping to take the easy way out and use my laptop (which doesn't have a firewire slot) and not have to dig out the desktop computer yet hehe. Can't win 'em all. Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: