Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yamaha Motif XF announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tpantano
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:
I have an American DJ Mega Pixel LED light bar that changes in time with the beat. I want to put it inside a keyboard. Very Happy It's amazingly bright and colorful. And it can be controlled with midi using a DMX controller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvLtVonWXSg

maybe you could try sanding a board down that has a finish on it, and hope you don't get lead poisoning, maybe it'll be clear enough lol

and saw the vid, that thing is awesome
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tpantano wrote:
xmlguy wrote:
I have an American DJ Mega Pixel LED light bar that changes in time with the beat. I want to put it inside a keyboard. Very Happy It's amazingly bright and colorful. And it can be controlled with midi using a DMX controller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvLtVonWXSg

maybe you could try sanding a board down that has a finish on it, and hope you don't get lead poisoning, maybe it'll be clear enough lol

and saw the vid, that thing is awesome

What I've done so far is use it to uplight a white tent in an outside cafe where I was playing at night, and it attracted a lot of people to the live music just to see what the lights were about. Great, cheap advertising to catch the notice of people nearby. I think it adds something special to get people into the music and into the right mood, plus it's bright enough to light all my gear for me and the whole stage area.
depulse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said, only an incremental update. Why only 128 voices? why not real synthesis? Yamaha could easily add FM and VA to the package, just recycle their own old technology. why stop at 2 GB flash memory?
Vesa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one !!!

..umm, wait, was this about the 9 years newer Motif XF ? Wink

Anyways guys, purchased a used, but good sounding Motif 6 (almost as old as Triton Classic).

Bought 12 patch cables, ordered 4 new MIDI cables, Behringer 1202FX mixer and other goodies.

I'm a born note nub... my fingers get crossed when I try chords, but hey...with the mixer board (borrowing my bro Pecca's older 1202FX Pro) I get SOOO beefy sounds ! All freaking sounds...in Song mode too !

And I got a piano sound from the Motif 6 (stock) that sounds about what I have been craving for from Roland XV 3080: Contemplate...this Motif patch/voice is called "Bristol" and is fun playing with.

Buy a new one ? heck no...so much more fun with the old ones !

PS. I think Pecca will gear up too, sounded like that when he heard the patches roaring ! poor neighbours Wink
Ahnyxrik

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Motif XF Reply with quote

I actually WANT this synth for it's features esp. the FLASH-ROM option! I will be getting enough $$$ to pay for it IN CASH, I just wish KORG would give us a HINT of what is coming out next! I prefer KORG over Yamaha anyday, but the new Motif XF is too good to pass up, UNLESS KORG WANTS TO TIP US OFF NOW SO I WILL SAVE THE MONEY FOR THEIR WORKSTATION! But I doubt they would give us any info until Jan. 2011- a teaser would at least keep me from spending the money now....
niranjanjaveri

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hows the sequencer on motif.. Is it user friend and is the learning curve to high.... I love the korg sequencer and RPPR function.

Korg Triton Le,
Korg Pa800
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=228851
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: