Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hghly lyrical hip hop Dynamics Plus, song + lyrics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Song writing - Lyrics & Collaboration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griffin Avid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Hghly lyrical hip hop Dynamics Plus, song + lyrics Reply with quote

I have several Blog entries that go into the lyrics and content...
With videos for some of my songs and free downloads too.

http://dynamicsplus.wordpress.com/2010/07/24/dynamics-plus-track-spotlight-invincible-gold-champion/
Back Story

“The Invincible Gold Champion” is about a gladiator who was promised King Pariah’s daughter as a victory prize (along with his freedom) if he can amass a thousand victories in the arena. It’s the classic medieval ‘do something courageous’ and win the fair princess theme. For most, that’s an impossible task and the king never really intends to see anyone accomplish it. As the Gold Champion wins more and more, the princess takes an interest and the two fall in love. Outraged, the king cheats the Gold Champion on his last match and exiles him from the realm. The princess is forced to marry for political gain and dies in childbirth a few years later. The scribe Orice Corraine does note a local belief that the princess died of unhappiness. The Invincible Gold Champion (who many say was driven mad by the news) sets up on a bridge at the far end of King Pariah’s border.

As the Chaos Legion attempts to cross the bridge, the Gold Champion defeats the armies best fighters. The Gold Champion deems Plus worthy to be the final challenger. The defeat leaves Dynamics Plus hanging from the bridge where he is forced to agree to The Gold Champion’s terms and promise to deliver a message…so to speak. Once Dynamics is pulled to safety, the Gold Champion leaps to his death.

Lyric Study

“His hardened armor grayed, dated faded, plates decayed…”

That’s the opening that describes what I see in the Gold Champion. You can imagine how old and rusted his armor must be after all these years.

“I gauged, it’s past its age, back from days of sporting range..”

It’s really an old style and it’s based more on tournament fighting than the heavy combat armor a modern legionnaire would wear. Although I used Spartan warrior images for the album art, it’s actually heavy electronic combat armor we wear. In melee combat it can take lots of blunt force and small arms fire before failing.

“…around his waist were wrapped in chains, grips and fists the same…”

I noticed he had chains layered into his armor, but I thought they were light reinforcement and decoration.

“His belt unfolds, he rolled behold he who holds the chain that rips
he whips, my shield shatters into tattered strips…”

This is a reference to the fighting style and ‘finishing’ move from “The Magnificent Six”. If you remember, the king was blinded by the suns’ reflection in the shield. Dynamics obviously won’t be using that move in this fight.

There's more on the blog...
http://dynamicsplus.wordpress.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Song writing - Lyrics & Collaboration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: