Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M1 LE - Where to Begin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Virtual Soft Synths, and Plug’ins.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LostViking

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: M1 LE - Where to Begin? Reply with quote

I recently purchased a Korg NanoKey which includes M1 LE. I was very excited to get this as this is my very first foray into the world of midi/synth. Upon coming home from the store I eagerly set everything up, it was nice and simple to do so and now everything is working, I have M1 LE set up and can produce sounds by hitting the keys on the NanoKey.

Here's where the frustration sets in, there doesn't seem to be any way for me to figure out how to use this confusing software. I don't really understand what anything means, which is understandable as I'm new, but there is absolutely no documentation. No user manual (except the install guide), nothing to download off the Korg website (a few things about MIDI in the tutorial section but nothing do to with M1LE in particular), no outside websites have proved useful, and I have spent the last two hours on google to no avail.

I am completely at a loss for how to learn to use this software, unlike when you purchase a guitar or drumset, and there are endless 'learn to play' resources, I have found nothing.

Is there any documentation on what all the knobs/buttons/options do? I realize it would be long, but thats ok, as long as it is specifically for the M1 LE software and not something else (I keep finding a manual for a Korg M1, which after reading for a while, does not appear to be the same as the software I am using and further frustrates me).

If there isn't any official documentation (never heard of software not having a full manual before?!?!), where is the best place to start? I would appreciate something that gets me into things gradually, but really have no where to turn at the moment. Unfortunately right now its looking like I spent $60 on software that is unusable and a controller that is useless without the software. Darn music store said is was perfect for beginners too... Sad
kanthos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There certainly is a manual. I can't remember where I got it, whether its installed as a PDF to your hard drive with the M1 or whether its something you can download from Korg's website, but you definitely can get one.

Something to keep in mind is that the Korg Legacy Content, Digital Edition contains the full M1 software, and I think the only major difference is the set of samples and presets included, so getting the full M1 manual would be good enough.
LostViking

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I started to go through the Full M1 manual and thought it was something else, as it starts by discussing the hardware for the Korg M1, which I do not have. I'll take a closer look at that manual though.

I realize its a tough question to ask, kind of like buying a guitar and then asking "where's the instructions? I've never played before", but most things have information to at least give a starting point.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want the manual for the M1 in the Korg Legacy Collection (or KLC, KLC DE/Digital Edition). Not the hardware M1.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
LostViking

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade you have saved me! I was definitely getting confused between the Korg M1 hardware and the M1 plugin that comes with KLC (of which the M1 LE appears to be a stripped down version).

For future reference of anyone else with this problem, I found the manual by going to Korguser.net, logging in, selecting downloads, going to the bottom of the page and downloading the KORG Legacy Collection M1 Manual.

This is exactly what I needed, Thank you!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Virtual Soft Synths, and Plug’ins. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: