Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arpeggiator with External MIDI?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CFC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Arpeggiator with External MIDI? Reply with quote

I don't know if this was discussed before in this forum...at least I haven't found anything.
So I am using Cakewalk Sonar as my master sequencer and the Triton Extreme as Master Keyboard as well as a sound module.
Meaning Local Control on my TEX is off, MIDI Clock is on external - MIDI out goes into my DAW and from there to other hardware devices such as the Radias and also back into the MIDI in port of the TEX.
My issue now is that I can't use the Extremes Arpeggiator anymore.
When I play notes on the Keys and route the MIDI back to the Extreme the sounds play just fine but as soon as I switch the Arp on no MIDI Data seems to come into the TEX.
This is pretty odd Question
Is there any workaround so I can use the TEX as Master Keyboard and the internal arpeggiator?
elevated

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this same question, and was eventually able to have the arp work with an external sequencer (Akai MPC).

It sounds like the Triton is not receiving the tempo-- That would mean no notes play with the arp turned on, because the arp is tempo dependent. In the triton's Global, Page 1: MIDI page, what is the Midi Clock set to?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: