Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Case?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrice1

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Best Case? Reply with quote

If I buy the M3 73-key model, does anyone have a suggestion for a super heavy-duty case that can withstand all the abuse of airline baggage throwers? And, that has built-in TSA locks?

The cases I browsed online (SKB, etc.) were only 76-key sized, and left several inches of sliding room; not a tight fit.

Thanks
Moonshine

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, depends on where you live but if you live in Europe I'd recommend to check out Thomann's keyboard cases. They are custom made to match your instrument and you can also ask them to make extra features (like little extra space for pedals etc).

I have two Thon Keyboard Case I and I've been very happy with them.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?xsid=fcb0798c992e42ea625d73cff1f2562c&sw=thon+keyboard+case&x=0&y=0
Jrice1

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonshine wrote:
Well, depends on where you live but if you live in Europe I'd recommend to check out Thomann's keyboard cases. They are custom made to match your instrument and you can also ask them to make extra features (like little extra space for pedals etc).

I have two Thon Keyboard Case I and I've been very happy with them.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?xsid=fcb0798c992e42ea625d73cff1f2562c&sw=thon+keyboard+case&x=0&y=0

Thanks Moonshine. No, I'm from California. But no worries, I'm from the S.F. area; I'm sure I'll find a decent case in a music shop there.

Can anyone recommend a case like this available in the USA?

Thanks
LiqMat

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: LM Cases Reply with quote

I deal with Sweetwater mainly and they carry custom designed cases from a company called LM Cases. I know you have to sign off on a form with them before they will commit to building your case. For my M3-73 I believe the custom hard case was about $600.00. You may want to check with Sweetwater.
Sizul

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Case? Reply with quote

I got the "SKB SKB-5014W 76-Key Keyboard Case with Wheels" and it works great for the M3-73. The interior is a bit adjustable, so with that, the M3 doesn't slide around in it. And it has TSA locks as well.

Hope that helps!

--Rob
Prominy PCP-80 sample
Cakewalk Sonar 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: