Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KARMA, lack of interest?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: KARMA, lack of interest? Reply with quote

I've noticed a lack discussion on the KARMA, both here and at KLF.

How could it be that such a great instrument has absolutely no-one using it, or with no-one with anything to say about it or even people who have questions?

My question to you is, do you think the KARMA Workstation has passed into time or is it still your favourite board?

What do you use yours for (if you do use it)? Do you gig with it?

I have noticed a lot of people bought it as a 'cheap full-ish triton', and don't use the actual KARMA functionality at all, which I personally think should be a crime!

I'm currently looking into using the KARMA to deliver pretty much 85% of the music in our band, the rest coming from an ES-1 and our guitarist. It's very exciting but very complicated at the same time, and so far I'm not really getting any usable setups for the songs. I'm using the KARMA engine kind of like an arranger - delivering the bass, rhythm, 'arpeggiation', etc, all at once and changing scenes for different sections of the song.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
bsr2002

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still use mine for gigs and I'm starting to use my TR61 for studio work with my Motif Classic.

In my rig I use Karma strickly for sounds (crime) such as lead mono saw and square synths, strings, brass and pads.

While I use Motif ES for a pianos and elec pianos with flutes and sometimes some guitar sounds.

Live Rig: Roland Fantom X6, KORG TR61, Yamaha Motif ES6

http://www.facebook.com/bennyrillo
themusicman2001
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have my KARMA, and don't think I'd ever sell it. I am considering selling my RADIAS complete with the Korg RADIAS Keyboard, though.
themusicman2001
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have my KARMA, and don't think I'd ever sell it. I am considering selling my RADIAS complete with the Korg RADIAS Keyboard, though.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'm loving the combination of KARMA and RADIAS.
I imagine it would be even better on the M3 where it can be integrated, and KARMA is much improved. However I don't have an M3 Rolling Eyes

Why do you want to sell the radias?
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
themusicman2001
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

Well... I am not as skilled as most here when it comes to playing keys, or programming synths, and so I guess it's not just that I've never taken advantage of what the RADIAS can do, but that I don't even know what it's capable of. I see you mention you use yours with your KARMA, well I wouldn't know how to even start using them together other than playing them separately.

I use the Virus TI as I have successfully managed to capture that on the Mac and Cubase, not so with the combinations on the RADIAS or KARMA. I have managed to get individual programmes captured, but never any of the combi's.

So I guess it's mainly a combination of my inexperience and time to learn.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still have and use my Karma for lead lines. It cuts through with the sounds I use and, actually, makes live playing a little easier for me. Especially when playing out away from the studio. The Oasys has become my primary go to instrument of choice, both live and in the studio. In the studio for almost everything. For live playing, all the meat and the potatoes and then some. The only keyboard that I have let go of was my old O1W/FD. Sent it to a new home of a young player that really needed a decent keyboard to use and access sounds for his projects. Traded for his Pro-Tools program and Digidesign 001 box. In all, a fair trade. Although I'm still on a learning curve with computer based hard disk recording. Embarassed

I really think I would miss my Karma, if I ever did let it go. Don't want to experience "seller's regret". Wink FWIW Nitecrawler Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi X-trade

Love love love my Karma - never selling it.
I think this forum is quiet because we are all so happy with it. Wink

I thought about upgrading to the M3 but really can't part with the red beast!!

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
RobsonLuis

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I love my Karma Workstation too.

I´m using the Karma about 8 months (not years) now, and very happy with it. Very very funny workstation. A true classic.

The workstation itself and the KARMA system are great! Very Happy Very Happy
dave70x7

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold my first Karma, majorly regretted it and have never found another board that was ever as awesome (including TR61, X50, M50).
Have since bought another 1 again recently so I am whole again!
FantomLord

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After passing many synths, some Roland, Yamaha and Korg,
My most beloved will always be the KARMA!!
I have it with the Orchestral Expansion boards, and I use it as my main
keyboard in my Symphonic Black Metal Band Eternal Decay.
Also I use it in my Folk Metal band.

Aside with it I play the Korg X3, and Roland VP-770 for choirs.

My Karma also is autographed by Finntroll from Finland,
who were my first inspiration to get this instrument in the begining.

You can visit my bands sites to here some Karma sounding music.

at .. ;

http://www.MySpace.com/EternalDecayIsrael

or

http://www.MySpace.com/FulkaBand
Stephen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as I'm on this planet, there will be a Karma in my studio!
I use it a lot, and it always comes through for me.
I bought mine new many years ago, and it still rocks.
Very Happy
http://cdbaby.com/all/jstephenfoster

Location Central U.S.A.
Michael Vortex

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to this forum and perhaps a bit late to post to this thread. I can say that the Karma has made good things happen in my past. I have used it in the studio and for live shows as the main sequencer. It has never let me down. I probably shouldn't have, but I sold it a couple of years ago. Luckily, I still have access to it once and a while. It continues to surprise me.

Great machine.

Previous: Korg Karma, Roland XP-50, Korg ER-1 Electribe, Korg Kaoss Pad, Acid 2.0, Boss Pedals, Roland VS-840, Mixers...
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Vortex wrote:
I'm new to this forum and perhaps a bit late to post to this thread. I can say that the Karma has made good things happen in my past. I have used it in the studio and for live shows as the main sequencer. It has never let me down. I probably shouldn't have, but I sold it a couple of years ago. Luckily, I still have access to it once and a while. It continues to surprise me.

Great machine.

Its never too late to post to this thread. Very Happy

It's great to hear about people actually using the KARMA as it is often such an underrated workstation. Admittedly I think the M3 is probably better, more flexible and reliable in every way compared to the KARMA, but this is the only workstation that marries KARMA's genius of sequencing and real time note and articulation generation with the legendary Triton's HI synthesis.
ivarbalade

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: korg karma in use Reply with quote

have dive into this red devil for 4 years now still amazing me:)

its deepless. i have working in this karma mode and ge.s mode for a while everythime i h\get suprized what happends , when i build a song.

i have made 12 new songs just working with korg karma. its chill out style of a album.

i miss more pictures of people who use the korg karma, hope some will share!!

ok so you think korgm3 is better of cource it is with karma generation 2Smile)

but combine those two is dynamite.

my self follow the prixe on korg oasys on E bay, have seen then down to 3500 dollar. here inNorway they are on 6000 dollar. but i wait. i am very happy with my korg karma still.

i have discover that i do such many failure on KLf so i take a break from there, stephen kay has told me so:(( so i will work here instead but i am , now what i have to look at.

my progress about making a dvd for korg karma going good i have a crue on 6 people with me on this:)) so next year a dvd of korg karma is coming nice.

the www.sudosonic.com/korg karma dvd is ok but very boring to much bla bla bla.

ok make good karma see you soon check my homesite www.ballademaker.com:))

Ivarbalade Norway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Karma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: