Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I transfer sounds from Korg M1 synth onto computer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guerre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: How do I transfer sounds from Korg M1 synth onto computer? Reply with quote

Hi everyone Smile
I have just bought the KLCDE and loving it (better late than never eh!). My problem is that I have an old M1 sound card which came with my Korg M1 synth many many years ago, but it is not a Korg maufactured set of sounds. I need to get these uploaded into my computer and onto the KLCDE M1 software so that I can use these 'old' sounds for midi recording using Cubase.

Please could someone post instructions on how I can do this, i.e. the easiest way to upload these from my Korg M1 synth onto my computer, then load or import into the KLCDE M1 software program on my computer.

Alternatively does any one recognise the set of sounds I am talking about (and know of where I can access them digitally for legal download):
The card is called SoundCard, Peter Gorges, METRA Sound.
...with 100 studio sounds & 100 combinations) and contains the following named sounds:
Program:
I00 [M1 Grand]
I01 Klavier
I02 Foster !
I03 Operator !
etc..
Combination:
I00 WelcomeTo
I01 a new M1
I02 200Guitars
etc..

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who may be able to offer any help/advice.

Thank you!

guerre
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for a program called MIDI-OX. It's a free System Exclusive utility. You can initiate a SysEx Data Dump from the M1, and I believe you can open that up in M1Le.
shirreff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is possible to save M1 data from your keyboard into the legacy software.
It is certainly possible to hook up the M1 to a computer using a midi interface and if you have Cubase you will be able to use that to send and receive data. The Legacy software you have is a "Soft Synth" or virtual instrument. It wont recognise the data you save from the M1 as they speak 2 different languages.
Perhaps if you look at the soft synth section of this forum you might get some help there.
dave

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to do this using a computer and system exclusive files.

For details on how to import system exclusive files created on the original M1 hardware and saved on your computer, see the software M1 manual, page 77.

Kind regards.
shirreff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected.
That's amazing, I'll be having a go at that.
The wonders of reading a manual, I'll have to try that one day Smile
guerre

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Thank you Gargamel314 Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Gargamel314 and everyone else for your helpful advice! IT WORKED!! Very Happy
Using MidiOx I was able to 'dump' the soundcard data from my M1 synth and save as SysEx data on my computer. Then I imported it to the M1Le software giving my re-vamped tunes their much needed medicine!
Thanks again for helping this not-so-techy composer! Embarassed
Cheers from London, UK Cool
guerre
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: