Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

for those who have both extreme and an MPC2500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjhann

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: for those who have both extreme and an MPC2500 Reply with quote

Wassup,
for those who have both a Triton Extreme and an MPC 2500 which do you think has the better effects and filters?

Peace!
LivePsy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tricky one because they are so different! The TE has many more effects in both range and the number you can have simultaneously. It has an extremely clear and crisp sound. I think of it as 'air' and 'space'. It also comes bundled with hundreds of good drum sounds with IMO an almost 12 bit vibe. The samples were selected and built into kits by real experts.

But the MPC2500 has the most effective effects for that MPC grimey drum sound. The compressor is great without changing the default settings, and the reverb is a bit muffled but very good. It has an entirely different feel about it and I am sure that the inspiration from an MPC will get you something completely different to the TE. Hardware is not interchangeable. To say you can get similar results on differing gear isn't true at all. Each one will lead you to something unique.

As for the filters, I don't use the filters on the MPC at all because they clip at low sample levels and I find them useless for me. I haven't heard them in a while but from memory they aren't very good. I chose the 2500 for featuring filters, but I don't use them. The TE filters are very digital sounding, but much more versatile.

I say have both. You can always sample one from the other.
mjhann

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for that LivePsy, i do hip hop production so its looking like i'd be better off doing effects in the 2500..

that's ashame with the filters on the MPC clippling at low sample levels tho..
elevated

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Triton fx KILL the MPC fx. Period.

Filters are very similar, with the Triton being more flexible-- the MPC being more direct.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: