Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to... Connect a TEX to another Triton for sequencing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cactuarchris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: How to... Connect a TEX to another Triton for sequencing Reply with quote

Hi,

I wonder if anyone will help me.

Is there a way to connect my Triton Extreme to another Triton rack so I get the extra sixteen sequencer tracks to add to the ones already on my Triton ex?

Basically, what I mean to say is, is there a way to get thirty-two tracks both in sync on those machines.

I should like to use two machines to get more sequencer tracks. A lot of you may think, 'Why doesn't he get a computer sequencer instead?' but I prefer to use hardware, it is what I am comfortable with.

I am thinking of getting a Triton rack for this very purpose and need to know if it is at all possible.

Thanks and regards to anyone who can help me here.

Chris Confused

'It is better to face the naked truth, instead of a dressed up lie'
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope. You'd get 32 MIDI channels, but only 16 tracks out of the sequencer. This would only be useful if you were using a DAW, which actually can control 32 MIDI channels at once.

there might be some fancy MIDI trick someone can come up with to synchronize the two sequencers to work at the same time, but that idea sounds like a huge headache to me.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gargamel314 wrote:

there might be some fancy MIDI trick someone can come up with to synchronize the two sequencers to work at the same time, but that idea sounds like a huge headache to me.

I was going to suggest that, however AFAIK the rack doesn't have a sequencer - it has multi mode instead, like on the X50, MicroX...
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope it does - it's the TR-Rack (Trinity module) that is just a synth module. They named these two products too similarly, i get them confused all the time.
cactuarchris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay,

Thanks guys.

'It is better to face the naked truth, instead of a dressed up lie'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: