Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to create Arabic Strings with mossboard?help please
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
XIDDENX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: how to create Arabic Strings with mossboard?help please Reply with quote

hi everybody

I'm form istanbul/turkey.I have a triton extreme with mossboard.I need Turkish and Arabic mossboard sound set.like strings,klarinet,keman(violin) etc...
thanks...
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please stop posting the same question repeatedly. You will not get an answer to your question faster by asking it again and again and again and again.

Instead of writing more messages, you can learn how to MAKE the sounds you want. Clarinet is a reed instrument. MOSS has a reed oscillator model. It also has a plucked string model.
XIDDENX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thanks I know how to make sound on mossboard!!.the problem is how to load new sounds to F bank to be able to edited via mossboard.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the problem that you already have PCG files that you want to load? You can read page 123 of the Triton Extreme owners manual under "Loading data by individual item or bank" to learn how to load an individual PCG file. Or are you looking for PCG files containing MOSS programs?
XIDDENX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for PCG program sets includes arabic&turkish sounds actually.I'm ok with triton I can handle it %100 almost no problem.the thing that I wonder how th e people creates sound they wish via mossboard.in my mossboard only 3-4 acoustic instruments.I have edited a good violin F046 Zee violin and it became very nice and oriental.it is ok.yesterday I have tried to edit a klarinet I have only one closer sound in mossboard which is soprano saxophone sound but whatever I did never became an oriental clarinet lik turkish style as husnu klarinet.
brother I do not want fish I wanna learn how to fish.If I can learn how to program/instruments I want loading to bank F so I can edit by myself.so you know mossboard makes modelling.so there has to be individual instruments for modelling.like arabic strings for bowed strings model mode,like husnu klarinet for reed modelling etc...you got me right?
thanks
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you need to spend more time learning what each parameter does, just like you did with the Zee violin. You don't need an existing program to create one - although that is one good way to start learning - by examining the parameters of an existing patch. You can change the oscillator type directly yourself between reed, bowed string, plucked string, etcs.

After you learn what all the parameters do for one particular oscillator - such as the reed oscillator, then you need to think about all the different ways that an actual husnu klarinet is different from other kinds of reed instruments. For example, it probably is smaller like the oboe, rather than large like a bassoon or bass saxophone, right? That translates to parameters in the oscillator.

The reason Basari probably charges so much for his instruments is because he has probably spent many days, weeks, and months making them to get them to sound good. He has become like a craftsman that makes a fine instrument. You would not expect to get a finely crafted husnu klarinet for free, right? Instead of carving wood and metal, he carves parameters. You can learn how to do the same thing by doing more of what you already have done. Some people don't want to learn how to make an instrument - they only want to learn how to play them - so they can pay Basari or someone else to make it for them. If you make your own programs that other people like, you can sell yours too, just like Basari. You can sell the fish you catch!

You should be able to Write a Program to bank F just like any other program to any other bank (except bank G-general midi). Can you write programs to bank F?
XIDDENX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look bro I got it but you get it.in mossboard I tried anykind of synthetic sound to create a good natural instrument sound.but the wave shape is important.how can you create an acoustic instrument sound by using a synth lead saw or pad sound just tell me?this is nonsense.mossboard oscilators render the existing character of the natural sound not creates a sound from scratch.the program been created only can be saved to F bank.cannot load initial program or sound just like sample sounds from any memory!process only the existing sounds on the F bank thats it.the thing I wonder how spiros kottis load F bank the turkish sounds to F bank.editing is a piece of cake.I have edited violin sound and took my 10 minutes only I swear.
I need to learn to load the sounds I want to F bank this is the thing.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XIDDENX wrote:
how can you create an acoustic instrument sound by using a synth lead saw or pad sound just tell me?this is nonsense.

With respect, that's not what XML is saying. Of course the standard virtual analogue type oscillators aren't going to emulate an intricate instrument. No-one is suggesting otherwise. That's precisely the reason XML is saying you should try to use the physical modelling oscillators to best emulate the acoustic instrument of choice itself, and not necessarily use the standard virtual-analogue subtractive oscillators whatsoever.

You do know you can switch oscillator types within a patch at any given time? It's not 'fixed' into the patches.

Best thing is to load up an initialised patch, change the oscillator type to one of the physical modelling types and start programming that way, rather than taking a synth lead saw and trying to get that to sound like an acoustic instrument(!).

Best of luck in your endeavours.
XIDDENX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so timo you meant mossboard creates and/or simulates any kind of sounds by changing only the OSC parameters right?!
Ihave tried the last bank 127 ANALOG INITIALIZE sound on F bank I tried all kinds of modelling options and guess nothing happened.I think it is all about the flavor of the loaded sound.synthetic sounds can not be edited and converted into an acoustic instrument sound.this is my opinion...I have tried your timoset for triton extreme and it sucks...
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XIDDENX wrote:
so timo you meant mossboard creates and/or simulates any kind of sounds by changing only the OSC parameters right?!
Ihave tried the last bank 127 ANALOG INITIALIZE sound on F bank I tried all kinds of modelling options and guess nothing happened.I think it is all about the flavor of the loaded sound.synthetic sounds can not be edited and converted into an acoustic instrument sound.this is my opinion...I have tried your timoset for triton extreme and it sucks...

Now that's a sure way to get people to stop helping you, by insulting them.

You've heard good sounding Turkish instruments on the MOSS and Z1, right? So the problem must be you. Basari will gladly take your money. He probably won't take chickens or goats. He should charge you extra.
XIDDENX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I solved the mossboard and I made a husnu klarnet than saleas klarnet.so thanks everybody who did NOT to help me or explain me.now I can create my own moss sounds...now administrator may kick me out of this website because I do not want to stay among this unhelping people anymore!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're just as stuck as you were. That's why you can't say how you created them. We explain you. You insult. You still stuck. Now you kick goat.
XIDDENX

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you dont know how to adjust LFO 1-4 and EG 1-4 parameters what can I do?I have not started to mention about AMS adjustments yet.your chicknut brain and mind is not capable to do that.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you still here? Don't you have a goat that need's milking? I explain you.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XIDDENX wrote:

Why thank you! Very Happy But then they weren't ever intended to be acoustic emulations.

XIDDENX wrote:
if you dont know how to adjust LFO 1-4 and EG 1-4 parameters what can I do?I have not started to mention about AMS adjustments yet.your chicknut brain and mind is not capable to do that.

With every post you make you've shown maximum disrespect to those who have tried to help, and displayed zero initiative or intention of learning anything.

Read the manual, it's not just used for packing material. Very Happy

I think we're all done here?

Love and kisses!

Timo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MOSS Option All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: