Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PBS-TRI "RAM CHIPS" (NEC D431000ACZ-70L) - HELP NE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zisidisnikos

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thangs just i wondering If need to go into os upgrade step..
i fix my trinity many times,I am electronic techniques and I fear much more Did not work the memories themselves without the pbs-tri.anybody try this;
zisidisnikos

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pegnafroy wrote:
Hi:

Jerry Kovarsky asked to one technician that work at Korg USA, and he say that both chips will work with the board.

Now, if any of us have seen a pbs without the chips, then you can buy for a fraction of the cost, since the board need those chips in order to load the factory patches and the flash roms new patches.

To the friend that have try the chips without the pbs board: i've just checked, the chips show me the extra banks without the pbs board. Now, i have the pbs board, and the last thing i think is that the pbs enable the extra bank. So if you put the pbs out of your keyboard, then you'll have the extra banks anyway.

Of course that is more fun have the pbs and the chips.

Desde Santiago de Chile.

Froilán

you mean is work the chips without the pbs-tri fine? because i order only the chips...
pegnafroy

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timo wrote:
zisidisnikos wrote:
hi! i'm Nikos from Greece.
i buy this 2 sram chips only(NEC D431000ACZ-70L) for my trinity v3 for C&D bank and extra 64 preset to M Bank.
i waiting to pick(is ship from U.S to Greece).
but I want to ask:
when I should put the sram.. the first thing before open the power i do will be the reset? ie i open the power to on with the holding ENTER + 0 button with the disk in to the flopy(2 disk with OS 3xxx?
and install again the os Vesrsion 3.xxx?

First of all, save everything to floppy disk, all of your PCG data, as you will lose it by doing a factory reset.

Shut down the Trinity, unplug from the mains electrics. Open up the Trinity, ground yourself and the Trinity by briefly touching an earth connection (such as a radiator in your home, if they are earthed). Carefully (and I mean REALLY carefully - those legs are too easily bent) insert the chips into the Trinity's motherboard in the correct orientation (with the indent on each chip pointing inwards).

Close up the Trinity, and hold Enter + 0 when you switch it on. This will wipe the Trinity's memory. You do not have to re-install OS v3.xxx again.

Then take a look to see if you have C & D banks.

As mentioned, if you don't have the PBS board, I'm not sure if the chips will work alone, but it's worth a try.

Thanks Timo:

One guy tried this and failed. So if Nikos try and fail, then the PBS enabled the extra banks.

Saludos a todos.

Froilán

Si no puedes contra ellos, cambia de vocalista...
zisidisnikos

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wait my chips....i dont pick yet...
my friend galukalock to your first try to install only the chips right?
if you are failure then I will fail to. "but " i asking you....you try to reset first? or just install the chips?
zisidisnikos

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i try it... i install the chips...but nothing!

when i do the reset my trinity acknowledged sram normally . but my bank not opens yet..pity..

now only the PBS-TRI open the C&D bank? there is hope to work???
gorkymate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why then my Trinity feeze's whe I go from A to B program and then when I wanna g back toAit freeze's ?[/b]
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gorkymate wrote:
Why then my Trinity feeze's whe I go from A to B program and then when I wanna g back toAit freeze's ?[/b]

A classic case of not carrying out a system reset (Enter+0 while powering on) in order for the Trinity to correctly detect the new hardware.

Back up your PCG data beforehand otherwise you will lose it. Reload your PCG data after you've carried out the system reset.
gorkymate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..CHIPS SHOULD BE INSTALED BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT CHANGE FROM B BANK TO C...THEN TRINITY JUST FREEZE'S.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry? Was that a question or a statement? Either way I have trouble understanding it. Neutral
boiseguy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: So I have a bunch of the D431000ACZ-70LL Reply with quote

Are they worth anything? They are all in these nice insulated packages, just curious.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: So I have a bunch of the D431000ACZ-70LL Reply with quote

boiseguy wrote:
Are they worth anything?

Are what worth anything?

The full PBS-TRI with original chips? About $250-350.

The original chips on their own?... unsure. Perhaps $50-$80.

3rd party chips?... worthless. They're junk, and don't work.
3 fingers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: So I have a bunch of the D431000ACZ-70LL Reply with quote

Timo wrote:
boiseguy wrote:
Are they worth anything?

The original chips on their own?... unsure. Perhaps $50-$80.

I paid $8 each + $3 shipping for mine and they work perfect. They're not that uncommon.
samriccijr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: PBS-TRI "RAM CHIPS" (NEC D431000ACZ-70L) - HELP NE Reply with quote

Hi I recently ordered uPD431000ACZ-70L from UTSOURCE.net. You can paid using paypal and they quickly shipped the chips from Asia. I think the cost was $9 per chip plus shipping. A real person emailed me to confirm my USA ship address too!

I have Trinity but no PBS. I updated to OS 2.41, I installed the PDIP SRAM chips (semicircle to semicircle), did Enter-O and Enter-5. The C and D banks are still grayed out and not accessible.

I assume that the PBS board needs to initialize the chips and open the RAM.

Has anyone initialized the C D banks without a PBS board? Anyone tried to to jumper the PBS slot to unlock the C and D banks? Do you lose the C-D banks if you Enter-0 or Enter-5 after you remove the PBS board?

Or is anyone in South Jersey Area willing to pull their PBS board, install it in my Trinity, init the CD banks, pull it from my Trinity and put it back in theirs? I would meet you halfway somewhere.

Thanks again,
Sam (near Millville Thunderbolt Race Track, NJ)
pegnafroy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: PBS-TRI "RAM CHIPS" (NEC D431000ACZ-70L) - HEL Reply with quote

samriccijr wrote:
Has anyone initialized the C D banks without a PBS board? Anyone tried to to jumper the PBS slot to unlock the C and D banks? Do you lose the C-D banks if you Enter-0 or Enter-5 after you remove the PBS board?

Me, it happened like an accident, i was at one gig. Then when i power up the board, the samples disappeard. When i check the global page, there is no pbs edit page.

So i switch off and on, and i see that the words "With PBS-TRI" doesn't appeared.

But all the patches with external samples were stored at banks C and D. Later, whena i came to home, i open the trinity, reassure the board inside, power up and the PBS came to life again. The samples stay in memory since is flash rom, you need to erase the samples.

And i made some test. Switch off, take out the PBS, switch on, and no PBS, no samples, but banks C and D remain there. All my patches at hand, but some don't sound because the samples stay in the PBS.

Regards.

Froilán

Si no puedes contra ellos, cambia de vocalista...
3 fingers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: PBS-TRI "RAM CHIPS" (NEC D431000ACZ-70L) - HEL Reply with quote

samriccijr wrote:
I assume that the PBS board needs to initialize the chips and open the RAM.

I think you're right. The PBS-TRI is the interface between the Trinity and the additional RAM banks C and D.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: