Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help on fast toggling of patch volumes live...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quicksilverp3

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Need help on fast toggling of patch volumes live... Reply with quote

Hey guys,

So our band is playing some new songs that requires me to quickly turn on/off the volumes of patches in Combi mode when the sounds are layered.

For instance... in one verse... I'll have a piano layered with strings... and then during the chorus... it would just be the strings.

Is there anyway to assign volume control for individual patches to the SW buttons? I tried using the assignable knobs... but it takes too long... maybe if they were sliders like in my XP30.

My other alternative was just assigning dedicated Combinations for the verse and chorus.... but then the sound cuts off because the Triton Extreme doesn't have patch remain.
Synastikki

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a way off muting patches in combi with the switches which involves dealing with the effects. There is some topics about this on the forum allready so I suggest searching Smile
Rockitman

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Controller Reply with quote

I use an external controller (Roland AX-1) and switch midi channels on the controller for that. I set up my combi on my triton extreme, with different sounds on different midi channels. I set up the controllers patch memories to be on ch. 1, 2,3 up to 8. The roland AX-1 is the keytar and has a quick up/down patch change buttons on the left hand.
caiol611

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like making individual combis for each patch change and use the boss fs-5u pedal in the switch input on the extreme to cycle through the patches. with practice you can minimize the gap between each sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: