Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to open Korg N364 SNG files with Korg TR?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riyazahmd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: How to open Korg N364 SNG files with Korg TR? Reply with quote

I have SNG files created with Korg N364 and i am using Korg TR.

I am unable to open the old SNG files with Korg TR. I need to edit those files with Korg TR.

Is there any converter to make it compatible with Korg TR?
Kindly Help....
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinity and Triton family SNG files are not compatible with the X3/N364 SNG files.

Option #1:
Your best option is to save these files to disk from the N364 to Standard MIDI (.mid). Then load it up and reset all the program change events in each track (it's a pain).

Option #2:
If you don't have your N364 anymore, or if your floppy disk drive isn't working, you could do what I did... there's a utility called SONG 2 MIDI. It pulls out each song from a i3/X3/N364 SNG file and converts it to Standard MIDI. It runs under MS-DOS, so you'd have to open a DOS prompt and type in your commands from there. Also, for some reason it doesnt always work right and won't save certain sequences, and in that case you're out of luck.

http://www.gnmidi.com/utils/sng2midi.zip

Option #3
Look up in your manual on how to use the Multi Rec option to record MIDI from your N364. Play your sequences from your N364 (you'll probably only be able to record 4 tracks at a time) and record them on your TR. This is also a pain, but works every time.

I learned all this the hard way when my N364's floppy disk drive stopped working, and I had to find a way to convert my old sequences. Course, if you know someone with a N364 or an X3, they could do all this from their keyboard.
Tiayviel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If either options are unavailable, you can send me the *.SNG, I can save for you to midi on my N364.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: